Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Maggie 7 months old, Jacob 2 years old, Logan 3 years old

Summer is beginning to wind down. Our schedule doesn't change a whole lot, but Logan and Jacob will be changing classrooms next week and our Mom's Club playgroups will begin. And at the end of September, my women's Bible study will begin again. So we have a few things that I feel like get us more into a routine of sorts.

Logan is definitely a little boy now, and not a toddler. Where did my baby go? He's so sweet and kind. He loves his brother and sister something strong. I love their bond. Yesterday Jacob and Logan were playing so hard and well together; it was cute to see. They are becoming better playmates and seeming to be closer in age in a way. Potty training: phew. It is STILL pretty hard. It's still a "fight" almost every time to get on the potty. He pooped his pants 3 times in the last 4 days. What the heck? It shouldn't be this hard, right? Regardless, he's done great at school, so that's good. And I guess we'll just "keep on, keepin' on" at home. He'll get the hang of it eventually, right?!

Jacob...... that kid.... he's something else. He's had a bad cough and cold for almost 2 weeks now. It's finally on the mend. Jacob is still our feisty yet loving little boy. He's so full of tantrums and so full of JOY. He's all about Maggie these days... going up to her saying, "Huggie!" and giving her big hugs. It's adorable.

Maggie is a little cutie pie. She's still not eating baby food like I would have hoped at this point, but that's okay. At Maggie's 6 month check up, the doctor said that some babies just don't take to baby food. Some babies don't like the pureed food. So, I have tried tiny banana bites and cut blueberries in half. She's eaten just a few bites of each at a time. She'll get there. She's not hurting on weight though;) She's doing just fine! :-) She's a sweet little thing. I would say she's fairly average on the happy v fussiness scale. I love sweet cuddles with her.

Jacob had his 2 year check up. He was 28 lbs. He was 75th percentile for height and 50th for weight. His head was in the 50th percentile, but it's always been in the 95th. I feel like the nurse didn't have the measuring tape on the biggest spot on his head, but who knows.

Maggie had her 6 month check up. She weighed 18 lbs 14 ounces. She was in the 75th percentile for height and 80th for weight. Her head was in the 90th percentile.

Logan and Justin had a little special hang out and went and did mini golf last Saturday. They had a great time. Last night (3 nights later), during prayers he said he was thankful for mini golf with Daddy. (insert melting heart here)

Last week we went to a little farm, the zoo and a splash pad. It was a busy week, but so much fun. I felt like I was trying to soak in some fun summer days. This week we seem to be taking it easier.

SOOO, we survived our BIG road trip to Mississippi! We had a wonderful visit with Gie and John. Jacob was doing something funny... maybe even being feisty towards Logan, and John just cracked up. I loved it. :-) We stayed in Greenville for 2 nights and then did the 3 hour drive to the Fair!! We had SO much fun at the Fair. I was so glad that Maggie got to meet everyone. The boys loved all of the rides and Logan was obsessed with the horse races on Sunday. We even let him skip his nap because he was having such a blast watching them with Granddaddy Buddy. I could go on and on, but basically, it was a great trip!!!

Justin's work has been pretty good it seems. A little bit slower, which he doesn't love, but it does mean that he's been leaving close to 5pm every day. So, I love that part of it.

I have a 10 mile race that I have started training for. It is September 30th. I'm so glad to have found the running group to train with.

Next Saturday, August 19, we are going on our family vacation. We are just going to the beach at Lake Erie (2 hours away) and we are going with the Martins. We are starting to plan for that. It's fun to have something to look forward to at the end of summer. It's nice that we can go when kids start school, because we get a cheaper rate on the house!

As I just went through these pictures, I have such feelings of gratitude. I am thankful for my family and that we are able to travel and go see more family. I'm grateful for all of the fun things we have been able to do this summer. I'm grateful that I get to stay at home with our kids.

Me and Jacob at the Fair

Jackson, Logan and Blake

Ferris Wheel! (Logan didn't want to do it.)

Tennis with Bobby

Watering the flowers

Typical summer view.... couldn't be any better

Jacob and Pepper

Our 5th Anniversary... our canoe trip got cancelled due to high water, so a morning movie at Easton and lunch at Polaris grill.

Hanging at Brio after the movie

Jacob got this bike for his birthday from Gie and John

First hotel stop in Nashville on the way to Mississippi

Gie and Maggie Dillard

Chocolate Ice Cream at Gie and John's

Gie Daddy came out to play!

Jacob!

Selfies with your grandparents and baby are the best!

At Paul and Marney's. Logan was acting like the sleeping bag was a horse.

Maggie and her great-grandparents

:)

Magnatiles

My morning run in Greenville..... it was HOT. I was so pleased with my time though. Woo!

Lunch at the Club

Gie and Maggie

So sweet:)

Driving from Greenville to Philadelphia.... it was a rough 3 hours for Maggie, but she finally fell asleep.

1st morning at the Fair.

Aunt Daney and Maggie!

Miss Jackie, Aunt Daney, Tara, Jackson and Logan

3rd cousins! Me, Maggie, Heather, Chaney

Granddaddy Buddy and Maggie

Squeezing in a quick game of cards

Catfish Fry Saturday

This was 8 minutes after we left the Fair.... it wasn't even nap time. I think we left at 10am. Lol.

Super Truck Ride

Blake and Jackson were so sweet showing Logan all the rides!

Cousins!

Aunt Molly took the 4 boys to the petting zoo.... Logan was telling me about how a little dog ate a chick... I thought he had the story wrong, but he was right! Yikes!!

Chocolate milk with Aunt Molly!!

Cabin 210!

Me, Maggie, Dees, Mamie

Maggie enjoying the Fair

We're doing it.

We're back at home after the long drive.

Happy to be out of the car from our road trip

Daney, Vince, Dad, Me, Maggie: the spectators/cheerleaders

On our way to school

Taken by our babysitter, Myriah

The van was in the shop for a day, so we had all 3 car seats in the back of Justin's car

Steaks for lunch! It's hard to have a nice meal sometimes, so we planned it for 1pm, when the kiddos were napping. SOOO yummy!

Shale Hollow!

Logan and Harper

Bryson's 6th birthday party

Date night with this guy! We went to Buns, Water's Edge, Finney's

Jacob's ear, haha

Meeting Missi

Just 2 lbs!

Logan said he was a little afraid of her at first, but then he liked her.

Jacob and Maggie

Silly Jacob

Watching a little tv

I put a few pieces on the blue plate and then Logan got his green plate ready, haha.

Visiting a small farm in Galena with Mom's Club. It was so much fun.

Maggie!

Planting lettuce

Listening about the farm

Trying to find baby carrots

Brushing the pony, Baby Doll

:)

Tractor!

Logan was the first kid that would sit on the pony

The pony's leg was hurt so the kids couldn't ride around on her.

So,we went to the zoo and did pony rides.

Logan was so fired up about riding a pony at the farm and then we weren't able to, and he was so sweet about it. So we made a special trip to the zoo the next day to ride a pony.

He was a cowboy!

Bear in a canoe

Maggie fell asleep at the zoo

Leopard

Polar Bear

Zoo with cousins!

:)

:)

Aunt Molly and Maggie

:)

Getting ready to ride the pony

Sweet girl not feeling totally well

Selfie with J-Bake!

Splash pad

Splash pad- they loved it!

Maggie's first time in a "big" swing

The ball pit is back in action!

Maggie is 7 months old

:)

Me and my girl

Jacob watching tv, haha. A sword in one hand and a helicopter in the other.

7 months old

Our Sunday School teachers take one month off in the summer. So, Justin and I filled in for 2 weeks. We were in Logan's classroom both weeks. This is Logan and Gunner. We had a lot of fun doing it!!

Playroom

:)

Grammy came to take the boys to Sky Zone! They loved it!!

Movie night!

Sweet girl

Logan's very first golf swing. This is when he went and had special time with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment