Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Jacob TWO years old, Logan 3 years old, Maggie 6 months old

It's been a fun month! Summertime is treating us great.

We had Jacob's 2nd birthday party this past Saturday afternoon, but his actual birthday is this coming Friday. He's such a cutie pie. He's also a train wreck ;) Yesterday he was in time out 4 times, but it was still a great day. (Time outs were for: hitting Logan, squeezing juice box on the floor, starting to go outside without asking and continually hitting his spoon on his bowl making a loud noise.) It's funny how kids are different. Jacob is getting the whole time out thing and doesn't like it, but a time out for Logan makes him SO sad. I think Logan doesn't like that he did something that deserved a time out whenever he gets one, if that makes sense. Anyway, I can't believe Jacob is turning TWO!! He is full of JOY. His smile just makes me smile. He loves his big brother. Yesterday he really wanted Logan to wear a superman cape and mask, but Logan didn't want to. Jacob also loves his baby sister. He loves to tickle her and this morning he was giving her toys while she was laying on the ground. Even though Jacob loves playing with Logan and Maggie, he also does his own thing.

Logan is doing well. He got his cast off..... woo!!! He is (overall) doing really well with potty training. I have come to the realization that my expectations were WAY off. There are so many different "stages" to potty training. He still has only gone in a public restroom once, and that was at church. I take the little potty with me in the back of the van if we are going to be gone for more than 2 hours. Logan is getting bigger and bigger. He is asking more questions and is continually turning in to a sweet little boy.

Maggie is 6 months old. She is becoming a chubby little thing :-) She isn't eating much baby food at all, and that's my fault. The few times I've fed her, she hasn't liked it and only taken 2 or 3 bites. BUT, we are going to get on the baby food train and get her going on to more foods that she should like, like fruits! So bananas for dinner tonight!! I am majorly winding down on nursing. The last month, I have been slowing down on nursing, therefore, my supply is starting to dwindle. Then it just seems like a snowball.... I would ideally love to feed her twice a day, and continue to do that for 2 more months or so, but after I nurse her, she usually wants/needs a bottle shortly after that. So, it's almost like, what's the point? BUT, our pediatrician has told me in the past, that two servings of breast milk a day, is all babies need to get the benefits of it. Sooooo, we shall see. If I had to guess, I think I may be completely done by the time she turns 7 months. I'd like to try and go a little bit past that.

Justin and I have our 5 year anniversary on Friday. Woo! He took the day off of work and we are going to go canoeing on a little river that is just north of downtown and then goes downtown. So I am looking forward to that! Should be fun!

A few quick stories from the last several weeks:
Logan told Justin at bedtime, "We're just best buddies. You know?" Sweetie pie.
Logan usually says this at least once a week about Maggie, "She's SO silly," and usually she is just laying on the ground not doing anything in particular, lol.
Logan and Harper went in the garage and were taking off their shoes and we could hear them saying not to tell their moms. Haha.
Jacob still calls Logan, Nah-Nah. But, when I refer to Logan has Nah-Nah, he will tell me that his name is Logan.
Logan still calls Jacob, Baycob. We call Jacob, J-Bake, J-Baycob, Bake and sometimes Jacob, lol.

I am mentally gearing up for a big road trip to Mississippi. We leave next Tuesday or Wednesday and will go see Gie and John for a day or two and then head to the Fair on Friday morning. Wooo!!

Love her little hand


Sleepy girl

:)




Logan wanted to take our picture

Maggie!

Cheese!


Meeting our newest neighbor, Ethan

Spiky hair!

Post bath!


We went to watch Mimi and Bobby play a little tennis, and they got to play for a few minutes.

Had SUCH a fun night at Beckham's 5th birthday party. Logan LOVED it. I asked what his favorite part of the party was... the trampoline? the water balloons? the hot tub? or the smores? and he responded saying his favorite part was giving Beckham a hug at the end. Omg... melt my heart.

Relaxing with Daddy

Beckham's birthday party

Sunday afternoon chill time

Park play date that Kelly organized

Running with Lizett at 5:30am, woo!

Cuddles:)

About to get his cast off!!!! .....

Cast OFF!!!!

Celebrating the cast off with ice cream, courtesy of Aunt Denise!

Logan said, "take our picture!"

Jacob likes it when Maggie's toys come out!

Logan's class

Lisa and Baby Estelle at the Dam Jam

Grammy and Maggie

Loving the hats that Uncle Paul got them.... well, maybe Maggie is undecided

Cuties

4th of July Run with my Moms Running Club.... 6am

I was keeping up with some of the faster girls the first 3 miles! Had to slow down that last mile.... I blame the cold that I had ;)

On a Letterbox adventure.... basically a scavenger hunt.

4th of July

Happy Independence Day!

6 month pics

Cheesin'

Picking out the pinata for his birthday party!

Pin the tail on the donkey

Pinata time for the birthday boy

Go Logan!

And the pinata's head is off!

:)

:)

Cousin Love!

Tried using the selfie stick, but it was blurry

Party time!

:)

The birthday boy!

:)

This kid! 

Starting to sit up... just a little bit

Slaloming on Sibs Night! It was PURE JOY!! I hadn't done it in years (because I have been pregnant for 3 of the last 4 summers.)

:)



Dinner with Beth and Ash S!!

I just got back from Zoombezi Bay with Madeline and Mom.... it was SO much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment