Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Logan 3 years old, Jacob 23 months old, Maggie 5 months old

These are the days. It's so true. I feel like we are in our "family" years, and I love that. I hear it all goes quickly, so I'm trying to enjoy it. With that said, this has been a hard month with potty training Logan. Logan has been a main focus this month, between his broken arm and potty training.

Logan broke his arm on Saturday, May 20. We were actually hanging around the house and planning to have a productive day, which is kind of unusual, lol. Justin and Logan went to Home Depot at 7:45am. Justin told me that when Logan was getting out of the van at Home Depot, he completely fell on the concrete and was totally fine. They got home and then I planted my flower pots with the "help" of Logan, Jacob and Harper. (Maggie was taking her morning nap.) It was around 9:45/10am and we were on the back deck. I told Logan to go check on Daddy in the garage. Logan ran from the back deck to the front yard to find Daddy. I heard a big scream/crying. I thought maybe he got in trouble for doing something from Daddy??? I heard the crying again and quickly felt like he was really hurt. I sprinted off the back deck and saw him screaming holding his arm. He must have fallen on the little slope in the side yard because of the morning dew.  His right forearm was bent where it shouldn't bend. It looked so nasty. Justin was there a second later and I was gingerly holding Logan's arm, barking out orders, that we had to go to the hospital, his arm was broken. Our neighbor, Lindsay was having a garage sale and in our driveway at this point. I told her to watch Jacob and that Maggie was sleeping. It was all a frantic mess to me, but later, Lindsay told me I was "in the zone." Lol. Justin drove us quickly to the nearest Emergency Room. We were there for an hour and got the X-ray and a splint on Logan's arm. They sent us to Children's Hospital downtown so that we could have an Pediatric Orthopedic Doctor set Logan's arm. We waited and waited and waited at the ER downtown. Logan was SUUUUCH  a trooper. Justin and I were complaining under our breath about all the waiting waaaay more than Logan. He broke his arm at 9:45/10am and we got home  a little after 7pm. It was such a long day. But Logan was amazing. He has had his cast on for 4.5 weeks now and has not complained AT ALL. A few times he has had trouble eating with his left hand, but he has done so great. I am BEYOND impressed with how well he has done. I would have complained daily and he has acted like he doesn't even have a cast on. The main thing he can't do is ride his bike. He had just gotten really good at riding it. Next Wednesday, June 28, is when he will get that cast off. There is a chance that he will need to get another cast on for 1-2 more weeks. So enough about that. But basically, Logan is a total champ.

He broke his arm on Saturday. We ended up selling our Cavs tickets for the following day, because we didn't know how he would be with his cast or if he would be feeling well. It turns out, we probably could have gone, because the cast was a "non-issue". It turns out that the Cavs lost that Sunday night game, so it kind of worked out that we sold the tickets.

Then, that Monday, somewhat on a whim, we started potty training. The topic of big boy underwear came up and he wanted to wear them (which he never did before), so I just rolled with it. So, it's been exactly 4 weeks of potty training. Justin would say I'm being dramatic, but POTTY TRAINING IS AWFUL! Lol. It has been so tough. Four weeks later, and I feel like we are over the hump. However, tonight, we were on a walk and ended up hanging out in the Finney's front yard. We stayed for 30 minutes or so and Logan had a "double" accident. Eek. We knew that he would need to "go" soon, but got sidetracked. So, we still need to stay completely on top of him. BUUUUUT, we are doing pretty darn good.

So,with all that said, Logan has been a main focus this past month. It has felt so great, the last few days, to let him play on his own in a different room, if I know he has gone potty recently.

Jacob is just Jacob. He has high highs and low lows. I just love him to pieces. I don't even know what is new with him. He's our little cutie pie, our little wild card.

Maggie slept through the night last night.... WOOOO!!! (Justin and) I set a new rule that I won't go feed her before 3am. So the night before she woke up at 12:15am and cried for 5-10 minutes, but I didn't go get her and then she ended up sleeping until 7:30am!! So, she is getting close to consistently sleeping through the night. She rolls on her stomach and sleeps on her belly now. So, we stopped putting her in a sleep sack at night. She has started using the jumperoo which is fun! She isn't sitting up on her own at all yet. I swear.... that girl has got a sparkle in her eye. I am curious if she will be more sweet or sassy. I was just asking Justin what he thought she would be like.... he said if she's watching Jacob, she will be more sassy and I said, but if she's watching Logan, she will be more sweet.

Pepper gets outside daily. It's just her thing now. I wish she still had front claws. So, we try to make sure she is in by night time.

I have run twice at 5:30am with my running friends. I have liked it. It gets the workout, out of the way for the day.

With all of this said, I am super proud and grateful that Logan is almost potty trained. PHEW and YAY!!!

Memorial Day Party

Maggie.... love this pic of her :-)

Logan at the hospital with his splint on... waiting to get his cast. He was SUCH a trooper!

At the hospital

His cast is on.... he's still asleep.

We are relieved and delirious that his cast is finally on!! It was a LONG day!!

We just got home.... he was glad to be home! He broke his arm around 10am and we didn't get home until 7pm.

I love our neighbors playing in the back yard. Logan is in his underwear... this must have been one of his first days since he doesn't have shorts on :)

Sleepy girl!

Trying to get a pic of all 3

Cuties!

Logan playing with his "brave boy" present from Mimi and Bobby

Playing

:)

This was our life for the first week of potty training... Jacob only tried a few times

Police officer

Snack time!

Annual Memorial Day Party!

Annual Memorial Day Party!

Annual Memorial Day Party!

Annual Memorial Day Party!

Waiting for everyone to get to our house for our Annual Memorial Day Party!

Annual Memorial Day Party!

Annual Memorial Day Party!

Annual Memorial Day Party!

Annual Memorial Day Party!

Annual Memorial Day Party!

Hanging with Daddy

Water table fun

Morning selfies!

Cuddles

The girls at the Memorial Day Party

Ice cream time

This girl ;)

Big girl in her jumperoo

Love these flowers

We have a parade with just our family

Snacks!

Jacob wanted to hold Maggie, haha!

Logan has been wanting to take pictures

:)

The very spiffy dirt pit that Daddy made. They like playing in it!

Cheese :)

One of the worst accidents by Logan.... I have to keep some of the "low lights" on the blog too!

Jacob taking a selfie

Liam came to visit!

Fire time!

Best buds! Logan and Liam

Logan's poop chart!

Jacob and Maggie

Selfie!

Playing Go Fish!

Maggie's 5 month pic

Making a fort

Poop explosion while we were running errands

Smiles!

Pool time!!

Pool party!

Dirt in Jacob's diaper from the dirt pit

Granddaddy Buddy is in town!! The Chariot with Jackson and Logan

Me and Harper!

Olentangy Indian Caverns- Dad, Blake,Jackson, Logan and Molly

I have to keep it real.... there were LOTS of tears with potty training :/

Indian Caverns with Dad!

Granddaddy Buddy and Maggie

Some chill time on the ipads

Coming back from fishing.... Logan got to hold a bass that Granddaddy Buddy and Blake caught!

Harper and Maggie

Cool shades!

This outfit.... SO girly: hot pink and lace- love it!

My first 5:30am run.... I ran again this morning with some of these same girls at 5:30am :)

Granddaddy Buddy and Maggie

Granddaddy Buddy and Maggie

Aunt Molly and Maggie

Olentangy Indian Caverns :)

Maggie is getting big!

Root beer floats at school for Father's Day!

Another pool day!

Date night!

This was such a fun date night.... it was at a place called Buns in Delaware... we had never heard of it. Justin found it online.

Grandma and Maggie

Grandpa and Maggie

Grandpa and Maggie!

Family pic! Happy Father's Day!

Nikki took Logan to get a toy when he filled up his "Poop Chart"

Logan and Izzy at Toys R Us

Logan taking our pic

Logan taking our pic

Logan taking the pic :)

Logan's broken arm

At the hospital

Dirt pit!

She wasn't a fan of the tummy pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment