Logan LOVES Jacob and Maggie. He is the best big brother. He says that they are his best friends. He always wants Maggie to look at him.
Jacob is turning a small corner, in terms of tantrums and the feeling of walking on eggshells around him. I feel like we are being more consistent with our discipline. He goes to time out and gets a swat on the hiney (I wouldn't quite call it a spanking.) He is giving the best hugs these days. It's SO cute! When Logan and Jacob gave me my Mother's Day cards, Jacob was jumping up and down and kept hugging me. Cutest thing!!!
Maggie is now sleeping in a sleepsack (instead of a swaddle) and that feels like a good hurdle to get over. She is now rolling over. It still takes her a little effort and only rolls over her left shoulder so far. She has been fairly fussy, but we can now see one bottom tooth coming in. It's barely coming in, but it has broken the gum, so maybe that is why she has been drooling so much and a little on the fussy side.
Justin got a standing desk at work, that can go up and down as he pleases. He seems to be liking it.
I ran the Cincinnati Flying Pig Relay race. My leg was 6.84 miles (ended up being 7 miles) and it was a lot of fun. I am so glad to have those running mamas becoming more and more like good friends. I signed up for a 10 mile race in September, so that should keep me moving. I want to be a fit mom that is ready to run around with her kids, and the running is helping me do that.
We went to Mississippi for John's 90th birthday. It was a lot of travel for such a short time, but it was really great to all be together. It was so nice to see Gie and John. One quick story from the trip: There was a turtle underneath the 15 passenger rental van in Gie and John's driveway. It was the size of 1/2 a basketball. Jacob leaned down to look at the turtle and came up with his hands up (in the "I don't know" motion).... Gie and John saw it and laughed SO hard!! I loved that. They got so tickled with Jacob's little expression. :-)
We went to Hocking Hills with Janey and Duane. It was a great low-key weekend. We hiked around the cabin and sat by the fire. It felt a lot like camping to me, but with running water and toilets. I loved it! ;) Logan wanted to go on endless Bug Hunts with Grammy. :-)
We had our annual neighborhood meeting. Vince is the new President and Justin is the new Vice President of Avonlea. Whoop!
Cavs are in the playoffs and Justin and I are going to the game in Cleveland on Sunday.
Maggie's first plane ride!
Jacob doing flashcards on the plane.
Logan loved holding his boarding pass.
Sweet Cousin Blake!
Maggie and Gie Gie meeting!
Gie-Daddy
John just reached for her right away. Loved that!
Cute boys!
Jacob loves his Sissy.
I said Maggie was doing Tummy Time, so the boys joined in Tummy Time too. ;)
Easter Egg Hunt at Hide-A-Way Hills
Logan, Liam, Jacob
Some of our best friends: Liam, Estelle, Lisa, Matt
This is the first time Maggie wore a dress!!
Fun times at the Martin's house
First time having corn on the cob. He's a fan.
Future besties: Estelle and Maggie
All smiles from this crazy guy
Easter Sunday... the boys wouldn't cooperate for a pic. Justin was a door greeter.
Weather is finally getting nicer!
Got a new helmet and LOVES it!
Watching Maggie!
Someone else is glad the Bumbo is back in action!
Logan asked to get in bed with Jacob, when we went to get Jacob up.
Logan and Harper
Harper and Jacob
Logan is riding a bike. BIG BOY! He's gotten really good at it too.
New dirt pit! I need an updated pic, because Justin has added spiffy looking wood around the perimeter. Looks great! Now the boys have somewhere to dig around.
Bike Parade
Daddy's in town!!!
Hanging in the basement!
Dad with 5 of his 7 grandkids.
Daddy!
Yay!
This was after I ran 2 miles on the treadmill and it was all at a serious incline. I was training for the Relay.
Going out with Daddy!
Columbus Commons with Dad
Heading to the Great Southern to grab a drink, which is where Molly and I had our wedding receptions.
:)
Cheese!
4 mile run
Daddy heads home!
Trying to keep Maggie out of the sun, lol. (Can't use sunscreen until they are 6 months old)
The boys are obsessed with chocolate milk. We've created monsters, haha.
They were playing so sweetly this morning
Role reversal
John's Party: Madeline and Logan
Maggie and Gie-Daddy's party
Candyland with Great-Grandma
Madeline, Maggie and Jackson
At the Mexican Restaurant
Justin sent me this pic when I was in Cinci :-)
:)
Love this pic!
Hocking Hills Weekend. I felt like I was so high, haha!
Justin and Logan
At the Club
:)
Logan's face cracks me up
Old School Nintendo night
Flying home!
Logan fell asleep- score!
Jacob took a nap on the layover in Atlanta- woo!
Logan was so pumped to get lunch with Blake and Jackson and he even got a Hi-C!
Super heroes!
At Gie-Daddy's party
Happy 90th birthday!
Party time!
Logan loves his "new" jammies from Blake and Jackson
Olentangy Softball game!
They made one big pile of lots of their "stuff"
Maggie's 4 month pic :-)
Relay time!
My running friends... we had 7 teams of 4 from Lewis Center in the relay.
My Leg 1 peeps!
My Team 1 peeps!
The whole crew!
Jacob:)
Logan, Emmy, Daniel and Bryson loving on Maggie
Wearing Green for Lyme Disease Awareness Day for our friend Ali Friece.
I love these little jammies
4 mile run on a Wednesday night
Rolling over
Sweet boys!
Mama and me about 33 years ago :-)
Hocking Hills!!
S'more time!
Bug time!!
Glo-sticks!
Our cabin
Hiking around!
They loved the hiking
Enjoying the hot pool (according to Logan)
I tried to recreate this pic.... Mama said I needed a jar of dippity do for my hair to really recreate it, haha!
Big Boy on the playground
Logan said, "take our picture." He even went to the kitchen to get my phone to take this pic.
He has been pulling at his shirt this week saying, "off". Checking out that belly!
He's stocked about his new sandals.
Maggie's first boat ride.... and it was Catfish IV's maiden voyage!
This is today! Molly got her that cute bow and Gie got her that outfit. Love it!
I love having one-on-one time with Maggie on Fridays!
Our sitter, Myriah, took these next several photos.
Logan
Magnatiles
Baycub
Cutie
Maggie!
Jacob wanted his life jacket off. He kept saying, "done" and pulling at his life jacket.
Bobby and Jacob. Jacob got in to it after a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment