Thursday, August 13, 2015

Jacob's Birthday!!! Jacob 1 month old & Logan 20 months old

It has been a BIG month in the Plessinger household. We welcomed baby Jacob to this world on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 4:50pm. It was our 3rd wedding anniversary :) Jacob's due date was July 10, but he was too comfy, so we induced on July 14. Below are the highlights that we kept on our phone as far as the timeline for his delivery.

Notes during Jacob's labor and delivery-
Jacob!!!
7am-we're in our room!
8am-still getting hooked up and set up. Not started yet. 1.5 cm. Jacob is still really high. Ultrasound ordered to check the position. 
830- under way!
10:30- 3cm. Breaking the water. "Let's get this stubborn boy moving"
1045-Water is broke. Monitoring him now to make sure he adjusts okay to the change in his environment. 
11-contractions lowered Jacobs heart rate. They put Em on her side and put some fluid back in for some cushion. All is well. Amnio-infusion.
1200- 4-5cm. 80%. Head still down low. Holding off on the epi. Dr Shepherd off to another c section.
1-epi request is in! Contractions hitting near 90 pretty consistently.
1:15- epi in. Went easier this time because less shaking. 
2:00- 6cm. 80%. Still  can come down lower. Waiting game from here
3:00- change in nurses. Added oxygen mask with no commentary as to why. Em wasn't pleased. Close to 7cm. Head becoming more "bullet like"
3:25-switched to left side
4:00-definitely 7cm
4:15-Prepping the doctors table
4:30- contractions almost 2 minutes apart
4:45- dr says go time! 
4:55- Jacob is here!! Pushed for 3 contractions which was 6 minutes. 
**Nukol happened when water broke which means that his cord got wrapped around his neck. Dr shepherd told us about this after he was born. She was able to fix the issue without further concern.

Overall, it was a really good day. Everything, for the most part, seemed to go very smoothly. I remember when Dr. Shepherd checked me the last time, I definitely wasn't thinking that would be the last check. I thought I might have been 8 cm, and we had at least another hour or so. Instead, she said, "It's go time!" I just started crying. I don't know why....it was nerves and excitement all boiled together. From the moment Dr. Shepherd said that, it took 4 minutes for her to get organized, etc. and Justin and I prayed together, he turned our radio onto Laura Story Pandora Station and then I pushed. I pushed for a total of only 6 minutes. I couldn't believe how fast it all happened. Immediately once Jacob was born, I started crying again. I felt so much love and happiness for our newest little guy. It was definitely one of the best moments of my life.

So, life since Jacob... it has felt more natural to have two kiddos than I thought it would. Jacob has been a great little eater since he was born. He nursed so well, immediately after he was born and has continued to eat really well! (This is very different from Logan, who was a slow, lazy eater.)

Stats at birth:
9 lb 4 oz
22 inches long
head circumference- 15.25 inches (apparently this even surprised the nurses that he wasn't a c-section with that big head)  

Stats at 1 month:
11 lbs 15 oz- 90th percentile
22.5 inches long- 90th percentile
head circumference- 15.5 inches

After Jacob's 5 day appointment, since he was gaining weight and doing well, our pediatrician said that she gave her stamp of approval for us to go to Mississippi as long as we didn't let him stay in the heat too much and were very careful about sanitizing hands before touching him. So.... after months and months of me wondering whether or not we would be going to the Fair, we went!!! My recovery seemed to be much faster than it was with Logan, and I felt pretty darn good for having a 10 day old. Bottom line for the Fair with 2 kids under 2: It was so. much. work. BUT, I am SOOO glad that we went. I have no regrets with going. The biggest pain was the heat. It's hot every year, but it was hotter than normal. I had told myself to have no expectations with the Fair this year and I think that helped me. Justin had Logan the majority of the time and he got up at 5 or 5:30am every day which is rough after being up late every night. So Justin was a real trooper hanging out with Logan that early every day. I was hoping that Logan could have ridden some rides, but it was so darn hot, that we never even made it to the midway. I stayed at the Golden Moon hotel with Jacob which was really nice, especially with Jacob waking up every few hours to eat in the middle of the night. It was so nice to see everyone and for everyone to get to meet Jacob.

I think because we went to Mississippi, everything else has seemed so manageable in comparison! Logan goes to "school" on Tuesdays and Thursdays which has been SUCH a wonderful balance for me. We are starting to get into a rhythm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I have been trying to go somewhere, usually a park/playground from 10:30-12:30pm for Logan to get outside and do something for him. Some days I pack a lunch for us to eat at the playground. Jacob is still sleeping so much, that I just keep him in his car carrier in the stroller and he sleeps during that time, which is great. Then, we get home and Logan takes a nap and I get to cuddle with Jacob and/or get stuff done around the house. After Logan's nap, we usually play around the house until Justin gets home. 

We went to the Ohio State Fair a few Saturdays ago and had such a nice time. Logan got to see a bunch of different animals and ride some rides. Justin and I each rode the carousel with him and I got teary-eyed riding it with Logan. It's just so fun to have a kid this age that is starting to enjoy fun little things like the carousel.  I had deep fried pecan pie for the first time- it was delicious! Justin had steak-on-a-stick.

Last Saturday night was Just Cuz (Molly and Vince's Party Bus night). Danielle and her boyfriend babysat for us, and it was the first time that we had left Jacob with anyone. We had a blast!! It was so much fun to have a night out. The one thing I wanted to do was dance and I got some good dancing in, so mission accomplished! Logan and Jacob did well with the babysitter!

Logan is the sweetest big brother. I could not have even imagined him to be as good as he is. One of the first days we were at home with Jacob, we were showering and getting ready in our bathroom and Jacob was in a little bouncy seat/rocker in the bathroom. Logan went all the way downstairs, got a burp cloth, brought it back up to the bathroom and set it on Jacob. It was so darn cute. Logan is constantly getting Jacob pacis and wanting to sit close to him. It is so darn cute. We thought Logan might be jealous, but I don't think that he even knows what being jealous is because he is so young.

Logan has become quite the little giggle monster. The last month or so, Logan really just loves to laugh. There is nothing better than the sound of a kid laughing. This morning Logan got behind my back and was hiding from me. Then, when I would look over one shoulder, he would pop out at me and just giggle. He loves this little game.

Jacob is a pretty easy baby so far. I forgot how much babies sleep! It's wonderful :-) He's eating every 2-3 hours during the day and he usually sleeps at least 4 hours at night. He's had just a few 5 hour stretches at night. I'm hoping that continues to lengthen.

We are so thrilled to be a family of 4! I could keep going on and on, but I should probably wrap this up! 

July 11- 1 day past due date :)

Harper and Logan

Date night! Went to Rusty Bucket, 1808 and Water's Edge- such a fun night!

End of Date Night by the pond

Logan and Jackson

Logan and Mama (July 13- one day before Jacob!)

Emmy and Logan!

At the hospital... we're ready to meet Jacob!

Going good so far!

Jacob is here!!!

SO HAPPY!

Sweet little boy!


Mama and Jacob

Daddy and Jacob

Mimi with Jacob

Mimi and Jacob

Jacob

Newest addition!

Jacob!

Jacob :)

All cleaned up and ready to go!

At the hospital, the next day

Logan meets Jacob!

Logan

Jackson and Blake meet Jacob

Cousins:)

Cousins :)

Aunt Molly with her nephews

First selfie :)

Julie, Ellie, Jacob and Jesse

Logan at the hospital.... seeing if they look alike :)

Sweet Jacob!

Cousins! Daddy, Jacob, Lanna, Ellie, Julie

Julie and Jacob

Heading home!!

At home!!

First time at home with all my boys!

Daddy and his boys!

Sweet Logan holding Jacob

:)

Logan looks huge now :)

:)

Harper, Brad, Logan and Justin- kiddie pool for everyone!

Sweet brothers!

Enjoying the deck and my boy

Awww :)

Logan wants to be all over Jacob

Flight to Mississippi!! Jacob is 10 days old!

Enjoying the puddles!

Fair Life

First water balloons

Granddaddy Buddy!

Bo, Justin and Jacob

Granddaddy Buddy and Jacob

Morgan is taking Logan to the petting zoo.... by herself!! Woo!

Morgan helps Logan pet the chicks

Morgan and Jacob

Family of FOUR

Tuckered out on the plane ride home

Flight home

The Whole Gang at Cabin 210


Jacob wearing plaid in honor of Paw Paw

The Fair

Granddaddy Buddy and Jacob

Enjoying the rodeo

Brothers

Daddy and Jacob

Early morning with my boys

Ohio State Fair

Jacob

Logan and Harper

One of our first days solo with Mama.... ate lunch at First Watch

Park Fun!

Loving tomatoes!

Getting bigger!

First time to wear shorts :)

Morning tv time while Mama takes a shower

Emmy and Logan at Highbanks!

Grammy and Logan at Highbanks the next day!

Just Cuz!!! First night out since Jacob was born.

Nap time with Jacob and Pepper

Morning reading.

(
I asked him to smile and he did! (Trying to teach him what smiling is.)

Cuties

Harper and Logan

Jacob and Blake Guiliani

Post nap snack

Logan at the library

Logan and Jackson

Practicing using the DVD player in preparation for the flight to Mississippi

Morgan, Jackson and Logan

Joshua, Em, Jacob and Morgan

Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment