Thursday, July 9, 2015

Logan- 19 months old! Jacob due any day now!

Today is Thursday, July 9, 2015. One day before Jacob's due date. An induction has been scheduled for Tuesday, July 14 at 7am (also our anniversary) if Jacob decides he needs an eviction notice. This past Tuesday I was 1 cm dilated and he was still very high. Last week I was 2 cm dilated. I never knew that you could regress!!

I have such a mix of emotions right now.... primarily that I am ready to meet Jacob and to not be pregnant anymore. I am tired of waddling around and getting stiff anytime I sit down for more than 10 minutes. I am excited to see what Jacob looks like, mainly what color his hair will be. At our 36 week ultrasound, we could see that he has hair. I think I will be surprised either way- if he has blonde or brown hair. I wonder how much he will look like Logan. I am really hoping that nursing goes more smoothly the first few weeks than it did with Logan. I am really trying to enjoy this last week and few days as a family of 3. I love Logan so much and I just hope that Jacob's arrival doesn't make Logan feel less important or whatever. I want to make sure to still have one on one time with Logan. I think the main way that Justin will help out the first week is to hang with Logan, while I take care of Jacob, but the thought of that makes me miss Logan already! I'm probably thinking too much about it all... I just hope that our transition to a family of 4 goes smoothly.

So- on to my usual Logan update. I guess the main change in Logan is that he is a considerate little fella. He knows I love the purple ball that lights up, so several times every day, he will find the purple ball and bring it over to me. I think it is the sweetest thing! He always seems so happy to bring it over to me. It's so sweet that he gets happy by making his mama happy. He also does the same thing with Justin, except with the small foam basketball. When I say, "Daddy is home!" when I hear Justin in the garage, Logan immediately looks around for the foam basketball and runs and takes it over to Justin. It is so stinkin' cute! Pepper likes playing fetch with hair ties, so Logan has started taking hair ties over to Pepper too. He's just a little sweetie pie.

Logan just started saying "baby" and "Pepper." "Baby" is pretty solid, but he doesn't say it on command, he has to be in the right mood. "Pepper" is kind of breathy, and more like "Peh-pah." He has really taken to Pepper over the last few weeks, and Pepper even seems to be much more tolerant of him. Logan will lean over and kiss Pepper on her side. SO cute!! They have become buddies in a way. We think it might be because we took Pepper to the vet for her yearly check-up a few weeks ago and Logan was there. Somehow, we think that might have been a bonding moment in Pepper's eyes.

Last weekend was Independence Day and we had a really nice weekend! On Friday (July 3), Janey came up for most of the day and we went to a park and hung around the house. On the 4th, we went to Jackson and Blake's fun run (although we actually missed it) and then we met up with some friends and went to the local parade. We went last year too. Logan seemed to just be taking it all in. He sat on our laps or in a chair for the entire 45 minutes and watched it all go by. Then we went back to our friends house and had a nice cookout. They got out the kiddie pool and Logan stayed in that thing for about an hour, loving every minute of it. It was so great- Justin and I both got to sit down and enjoy the nice weather while Logan played in the little pool. There were about 4 couples that went over to the Sprinkle's house for the cookout. Was really nice! That evening we went to Jason and Jess's house in our neighborhood. On Sunday, we served at Guest Central for church and then went and ate at Buffalo Wings & Rings.

This has been such a rainy summer. It rained all but one or two days in the month of June and July doesn't seem to be starting off much better. It's actually a decent summer to be pregnant, because it hasn't been crazy hot.

Logan is enjoying his time at "school" or Hugs-N-Hearts. He goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This past Tuesday and today (Thursday) he didn't cry when I dropped him off... woooo! I am so proud of him. I think he really enjoys it. It is something different for him to do on those two days a week. They were playing outside when I dropped him off today and then I went inside and watched him go down a slide. 

Last night, Katie Kerscher, Ashley Steinhauer and Ashley Myers came over for a little girls' evening. It was so great to sit and relax. We mainly talked about motherhood and kiddos, etc. At the end of the evening they prayed over me and my family as we welcome Jacob into this world. It was such a special time. I am so grateful for these Godly women in my life.

Well, I guess next time I post on the blog- there will be a new member to our family. Justin says it's my tagline, but it's true.... "I can't believe it."


Building Blocks

Playing in his tent

Watching So You Can Think You Can Dance with Mama


Watching Daddy fish

Pool Day on Father's Day

Logan and Justin

Stud with his sunglasses

Enjoying time at the Lakes Country Club

Sweet Boy

Em, Logan, Owen and Kelly- Play date at the McGraws

Mama and big headed baby

Grammy and Logan

Grammy, Logan and Em (8.5 months pregnant)

Happy Independence Day!

Soaking up the parade


Playing with Ethan at their house

Library time

Enjoying his water table and sprinkler

Justin enjoying Father's Day with his best little dude and a marg ;)

This is how Daddy does bedtime routine sometimes.... pjs and a ride around the neighborhood :)


No comments:

Post a Comment