Friday, April 14, 2023

March 19- April 13, 2023 (excluding Moab)

Below are some pictures from the last month, however, I will do a separate post for our Spring Break trip to Mesa Verde and Moab. It was such a wonderful trip.... I don't want those to be totally interspersed with these pics. I'll let these pics do the talking. It's been a really nice month. And finally gorgeous Spring weather this week!!!

Mags and I watched a youtube video yesterday on braids and today I attempted my first waterfall braid. It goes all the way around. It was cute!

4 Generation girl lunch at Wedgewood today :)

Jacob having more fun with his science magic kit from Aunt Daney and Uncle Jim.

Forget if I mentioned we got fish again. We have 3 current fish. Yesterday I bought 4 fish (neon tetras... they are schooling fish and the lady suggested getting 4), and all 4 have already died!! 3 of the 4 were dead before bed last night. What in the world! Maybe I'm not cut out for having a fish tank. (:

Maggie livin' life. This was on an off-school day for her. Pink princess dress, her pink high heels and her "ukelele" machine (I've told her it's a karaoke speaker, but she prefers to call it a "ukelele" machine, haha). She was just out there singing and dancing and twirling all around. Pure joy.

Our first time using APEX to host a fundraiser for our school. This was the final day where they did a Fun Run and most students were sponsored for how many laps around the gym. The max was 36 laps (to be sponsored for), Logan ran 76! I got to be there for his and Maggie's run, and I got to see Jacob at the end of his. This is Matthew, Connor and Logan. 

Lunch at Rusty Bucket with Molly and Gie.

I did my first food delivery ever. I did Hello Fresh and I cooked two meals this past week. I feel like our kids eat the same few things: mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, hamburger helper. So I thought this would help to add some variety. This was their pic of the first meal. I give it a 7/10. Jacob loved both meals. Logan and Maggie tolerated both meals, but I honestly was impressed that they didn't complain. Justin liked both meals. I'd give the second meal an 8/10.... it was balsamic tomato chicken on butter noodles. I had to google how to mince a garlic clove, lol. Justin walked in from work as I was finishing the second meal and I said, "I feel like a chef!" I won't do it every week, because it is work and Logan and Maggie don't love it, but overall, it definitely was a success!!

Missi by some Easter eggs :)

Gie, Mags and Missi!

Easter- Justin, Gie, Logan and Maggie

Maggie's drawing, I loved it!

I was taking this pic of Maggie's new shoes and noticed how long her legs looked. She's getting so big!

Logan's first lacrosse game. He's in the middle of this pic, farther away (gray shorts). His team was down 1-4 at halftime. They came back to win it 6-5! It was such an exciting game and so much fun to watch! Logan said he had a lot of fun.... he also said at the beginning that he had no idea what was going on, haha. It was the perfect time to learn more about lacrosse for all of us!

Coloring Easter eggs. No one spilled any dye! Woo! A few years ago I spilled a whole cup of dye after telling the kids to BE CAREFUL! hehe.

Easter egg hunt at Grammy and Pop Pops... counting quarters and seeing what candy they got.

This was the first Hello Fresh meal, not as pretty as their picture above, but still pretty yummy!

Getting ready for the egg hunt at Mimi and Bobby's.

Triple Birthday Night! It was Ashley, Michelle and my birthdays all on April 7, 1984. Last year in our 30s! Michelle helped coordinate this super fun night out. Lauern, Ashley, Michelle, Emily, Molly, Jamie and Katie. :)

My running has definitely decreased in mileage, but this was some speedwork. the underlined paces are for 1/4 mile pushes. It was a lot of fun. A few reasons due to lower mileage: Spring Break, a cold after Spring Break, and the biggest one is that the plantar fasciitis is pretty bad in my right foot. But the less running I do, the better the PF feels. I've been doing Orange Theory twice a week, and trying to swim once a week, but the swimming is always the first thing to get pushed. So I've been swimming more like 2-3 times a month. Working out over the past several years has been so much fun though, it really helps my mood and attitude for the days. :) I love it so much!

Jacob's fun run!! He did so great!

Love it!

Maggie was so bundled up for Grammy and Pop Pop's egg hunt. I wanted to get a pic, but she took all of her layers off too quickly.

The kids earned these ball/frisbees from APEX for raising money. They were excited.

The whole crew for our triple birthday night!

The egg hunt is on!

Logan had some good hustle!

This school work from Jacob is just SO Jacob! That kid! lol. (He was like, "what?! I didn't know what else to draw!")

Missi isn't allowed to lick anyone's hand, but Maggie is the exception. 

The birthday night ended in the Finney Pub (of course). Lots of karaoke and even more laughs. Such a great night!

Waylynn, Maggie and Juliet for their Fun Run!!

Snuggles with Maggie. This is my last year with the kindergarten schedule that most people don't like, but I love it. I think going to school half of the days (Maggie goes on Tuesdays, Fridays and every other Wednesday) is a nice way to ease in to the full-time school schedule. I will miss this time!

Penny! Haha!

Game time with Daddy!

More of her dancing on the driveway!

Logan's lacrosse team after their first game!

Bucky Murphy- he passed away on Sunday, April 9.... Easter and his 71st birthday. He was such an incredible and godly man that I respected so much. Bucky's sister and Alice posted this picture of him and Mabry from one year ago. It's such a great picture.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment