Friday, March 17, 2023

January 20- March 16, 2023

It's been a great winter. I went to Uganda from January 25- February 2, but I didn't want those being mixed all throughout this post, so I will do a separate post for that in the next few days. Here's a look at the end of January, all of February and most of March. :)

Penny Pal all stretched out.


Latice Hawaii- my new favorite board game. Justin, Logan, Maggie and I really love it. Jacob isn't a fan.

Logan took this selfie of them.

Janey sent me this pic as I headed to Uganda. Maggie was in heaven with a new strip of colored hair and fake nails! Oh my! Hehe.

Last weekend we went to a cabin in Hocking Hills with Grammy and Pop Pop. We had two great hikes!

Justin took each kiddo out to eat a few weeks ago. Maggie picked out Waffle House.

Maggie tie-dyed this whole outfit... the Martin's gave her this as a birthday gift

Jacob and his buddy, Mason, at a birthday party :)

The kiddos with their souvenirs from Uganda

Our second hike in Hocking Hills- weather wasn't great, but it was just fine for our hiking!

Hiking

Trying to get a selfie with Penny

Girls night! Katie, Barrett, me, Kelly, Ashley and Katie

Roosters (while I was in Uganda)

Cute new bow!

Logan finishing the one mile Run Thru History in Vicksburg. 7:35

The crew for the Run Thru History- such a fun (and difficult) race!

Justin went away to a cabin in Hocking Hills by himself while we went to Mississippi. He had a great time!

Mags and I in the hot tub at Hocking Hills

Maggie, our very own youtuber (jk) but she just started making videos of her playing with her American Girl Doll.

Justin at his solo cabin weekend

Logan worked so hard on this Millennium Falcon Lego set that Santa gave him. Finally done!

I knew Maggie was listening to music on this pink karaoke speaker, but I was surprised to see her all dressed up on her bed. She seemed like a little teenager to me!

Logan and me on the hike

Headed to church.

Maggie and Pop Pop

Karaoke- finally got Bill singing! This was after our Chef dinner, which was a Christmas present :)


The boys at the cabin :)

First basketball season for Jacob and Maggie was a success! Jacob scored two baskets at his final game!

Jacob enjoying fried crab claws at Toney's

Hike

Cuties

Justin went and had lunch with the Martins on Liam's birthday. This was the day that the kids and I were flying back from Mississippi

Maggie girl crushing the one mile. 9:40

Date Night with this guy- we went to the Ocean Club and then to Fenders for live music

Logs on logs

At Yabos Tacos while I was in Uganda. Justin ate there 3x while I was in Uganda, haha.

Jackson won the one mile race! I was 3ish minutes slower than last year (I knew I would be, just not as fast right now), but I still got second in my age group just like last year.... so that was super fun!

All of the kids looooved the hot tub. Maggie never wanted to get out!


Our monthly Bridge group. It's Molly's tennis friends- Carol, Amber and Arica.

The pond froze! 

Our first hike at Hocking Hills

Logan loved the crawfish at Toney's. He had about 15 or so!

Running on a snowy morning with my girls. So grateful for these ladies. I truly love running at 5am because of them.

Basketball- the Strikers! Maggie made one shot during the season and Jacob made 6 or so shots. So fun!

She got all dressed up!

Pure joy for Maggie, riding with Granddaddy Buddy

Matching braids!

Jacob and the magic science experiment from Aunt Daney and Uncle Jim

Penny spends some time outside these days. Then she waits her to get let back in.

Jacob picked Texas Roadhouse to eat steak with Justin. Logan and Justin went to BWs (they forgot to take a pic)

Penny in the tree, haha

Gie, Mags and I :)

Girls lunch!! Katie, Ashley, Ashley and I

These kids.... Jacob wrote "the Beetup Logan Club" he was being sweet and silly about it. They were having a great time!

Maggie made this crown with pom poms, and we got to use the hot glue gun :) She took this pic

We picked up Gie to go to the Aquarium store with us.

Beautiful scenery!

Grammy reading to Maggie

Grammy and Pop Pop :)

Jacob bought this Lego set with his Christmas money. It's an awesome spaceship and other fun space stuff. He did a great job!

Every week a different kid wins the medal.

100th day of school!

This was at Lifegroup- Maggie, Audrey and Olivia. All 3 girls are in Kindergarten and they are SO cute!! Mags took this selfie. I saw it on my phone later :)

A spontaneous trip to Dave and Buster's... we went there after eating at Winking Lizard one night.

Maggie and Jacob at practice. Jacob has on the white tennis shoes. Maggie is number 18 on the right.

Waterfall!

Our snowy run!

Maggie won the medal!

Maggie and Penny!

We made it to the end of hike #1.

Maggie and her friend, Olivia, had more fun on the bench than playing!

We had our first Bingo Night at Arrowhead. I put it on with one other girl and it was a huge success. The principal and assistant principal stayed and helped, and we needed it. There were over 130 people there. Such a fun time!

The Plessinger Cousins came down for the day. Mel was sick and couldn't come, but it was really fun that the kids still came. We had a great time.


The kids at Granddaddy Buddy's house

Run pic for Lauren's birthday

Another karaoke pic!

Jacob on his one-miler! 9:23

Justin made some spicy chili (Mom's recipe plus a lot of spice) for a work chili cookout. He got third out of four chilis. It was really yummy, but just too spicy. I just had a bite and thought it was hot, haha!

The kids got sleeping bags for Christmas. Maggie was in this thing for a few days! 

We got the fish tank back out. We just got the fish on Sunday. We have Rosy, Buster and Lightning. Buster was the only white cloud minnow and he is a schooling fish. He seemed really out of sorts, so on Wednesday, we went and got two other white cloud minnows: Guster and Huster. Buster seems "happier" now. (Last time we had the fish tank, we went through 20ish fish, the kept dying. So Justin has "limited" me to 10 fish total, eek..... I have water testing strips etc, and am working diligently. I'm taking it like a hobby. PS- Jacob hopped in front of Maggie for this pic which is why she doesn't look super jazzed.)

Logan made this schedule on Friday night at Hocking Hills for our Saturday. We actually used it and stuck to it pretty well. I think it helped us maximize our day! :)

Hike!

Justin and Jacob

The boys!

Chuck and Dorothy. Justin named our neighborhood ducks a few years ago. He finally got a good pic of them, haha.

Grammy on a hike!

Hike!

Cuties!

Penny's enjoying the new pets as well.

Justin at his solo cabin.

In a super neat cave!

Maggie and I in front of the big cave

                                            
All 7 of us on our second hike :)



No comments:

Post a Comment