Thursday, August 4, 2022

June 19- August 4, 2022

 It's been a really fun summer. We have 2 weeks left of summer. I'm looking forward to school beginning, not because I'm ready for the kids to go back to school, but because I'm ready for a bit more of a routine. I don't want to wish away summer though. This week I have been on a purging/decluttering kick and it feels SO good. This morning we went to a metro park about 20 minutes away, and it was so much fun. There was a great "natural play area" with 2 rope swings, a teeter totter, log bridges and a few other fun things.  

Logan impressed the cabin with his Rubik's cube skills

Jacob got military gear for his birthday from the Martins... he loved it!

Destin with the Martins was so wonderful. This was our big outing... an interactive pirate cruise!

This was today. Logan helping Maggie down a steep hill. He even carried her purse for her. So sweet.

Destin!

Cedar Point with Mimi and Bobby! They had a blast!

I need the actual Dees Kid pic!

Madeline, Em and Maggie

Madeline and a tired Mags

Hula hoops for Jacob's birthday!

Army Helicopters at the Fair- so cool

Part of the natural play area at Blendon Woods today

Destin!

This was at the end of one of the videos of Jacob doing the ropes swing. He loved it!! Maggie and Logan did it too. Logan was pretty nervous and didn't want to go too high.

Making a birthday cake for Mimi, Gie Gie and Aunt Molly


Hot Air Balloons at the Fair

Birthday Cake Maker!

Basketball shots! Jackson was on a roll.

Evening at the beach with Matt and Lisa

Destin on the 4th!

Gosh- Clare was running and got hit by a car. I'm so grateful she is relatively okay. She has a broken rib, broken vertebra, stitches from a cut on her stomach, a ton of road rash, bruising, 2 hematomas. She's been told she can't run for 6 months. It's so awful, but also so good that it wasn't worse.

Jacob drew this of Penny

A few backyard fires!

Kids playing sweetly outside. Molly told me to take a picture. :)

Maggie in Destin.

Penny has been going outside A LOT. I love that she stays nearby. She mostly lays with us on the front porch or back deck. :)

Jacob's 7th birthday party at Lazer Kraze. He had a BALL. He was loving every second of it! They did 30 minutes of bouncing on huge inflatables, then did 20 minutes of laser tag, then they ate, and then they did arcade games. It was his first birthday to invite friends to (Instead of a family party).

Clippers game!

Helicopters at the Fair!

Logan loooooved the horse races. Logan and Granddaddy Buddy would go to another cabin to watch the running races.

Maggie in Destin!

Cousins! Jacob, William, Logan, Mamie and Maggie

Destin!

Leaving Destin

Maggie and Jacob loved to hold my hands and "Jump" the waves

Maggie and Estelle... had a blast playing together all week.


2 nights of the Rodeo at the Fair... kids were alll pumped up for it.

I think Maggie Dillard took this pic :)

Jacob during laser tag!

Snack time at the beach

Chaney and Maggie- Maggie wanted pigtails like Chaney. :)

These two have been playing together even more than usual. So cute!

Logan in Destin. All 3 kids loved the trampoline.

Crab hunting on the beach at night. Sweet, sweet memories. Pic not so great, but I wanted to remember the kids running around the beach at night.

Me and my girl

This was so funny.... I couldn't find Jacob anywhere in the infield, and then I look over and he is IN the hot air balloon basket, pulling on the lever to make the fire blow! Cracked me up. I didn't even know that they were letting kids in there. There were 3 balloons and a lot of people checking things out, so I didn't see what he was up to.

I should have bought this for Maggie, haha

Family beach pic

Maggie

Jacob's birthday party!

Woo!

The Fair!

Pirate cruise

Jacob and Maddox at Jacob's party

in Destin

Maggie's new shower curtain.... she loves it so much

:)

Trampoline... Jacob did a few back flips!

Jacob LOVED helping out at the fish fry. He said it was SO much fun! Out of 10, he said it was 9 and 3/4! Haha.

Destin... this little game was so cute and fun

Logan and Reid

Mamie, Chaney, Maggie and Mabry

Jacob, Logan and Liam selfie!

Enjoying that Cotton Candy

Mags and Penny

A rushed dinner bc of the traffic and wait... we did this before the pirate cruise

Group pic!

I've been loving these zinnias. 

Jacob's party

Mags and Missi

Today at Blendon Woods

Birthday party for one of Maggie's friends

Flying to Destin!

Liam and Jacob

The 210 crew!

Destin!

Lisa and Matt

Friday Night Lights Football Camp

Jumping the waves

1.6 mile bike ride for Mags

We got this for Jacob's birthday. When he opened it, it was the best reaction to a gift we've ever had. It was so so cute!

Destin :)

Me and Lis

Logan's been having fun playing Solitaire

July 13... Jacob's last pic as a 6 year old.

:)

Football Camp #2.

Spinning Jacob

Granddaddy Buddy and his grandkids

Trampline!

Game with Logan and Uncle Paul

:)

Jacob and his new toy

No comments:

Post a Comment