Friday, July 9, 2021

May 28 - July 7

 It's been a fun first half of summer. A few highlights:

-Memorial Day Party- we didn't hear it last year, so was really thankful to have a party!

-Camping with friends- we loved the campground; had never been to this campsite. We went with 3 other families.

-Mom's 70th Birthday Trip to the Tetons and Yellowstone- it was such a wonderful trip! It felt so good to get out of our bubble. The kids did great with all of the travelling.

-Church Camp- I was asked to be a leader at the student camp for our church. I think they were desperate for any adult, hehe. I had a wonderful time and was so glad I went. I was exhausted! I was super grateful for Janey being able to watch the kids during the week so that I could go.

(Of course the pics are way out of order. There are a lot of Bubble bath pics, but I just thought they were so cute. Kiddos had 2 bubble baths.)

It has felt like a whirlwind, but I have been back at home for a week and we are finally getting back in to our rhythm.

I'm hoping to come back to this and add a few more details about the trip, but will leave it like this for now. :-)

Gorgeous view from Signal Mountain

A Bison right by a mudpot

Maggie enjoying her s'more that we had in the hotel room with a little s'more kit with fire.

Gorgeous river in Yellowstone

Camping with friends

"Pop-up" petting zoo at our library

Yellowstone

I got a button! I feel like such a mom! haha.

Jacob and his best buddy, Caleb, at the Memorial Day party.

Gie at the Bristol in Ohio.

Justin needed a pic for work, but I loved it, so I included it here. :-)

Logan fell on a sharp rock on one of our hikes. It looked like such a painful, but he was a trooper!

A moose and her baby in Jackson.

On the school bus to Snake River where we rafted down 12ish miles, I think.

Logan and Justin at the top of Teton Village.

Memorial Day Party. Bill, Kyle, Nick, Vince, Brian and Jason.

Justin won a CD from the guitar player at Under Canvas in Yellowstone. This was one of my favorite nights.

Jacob lost 2 teeth. One on the flight home from Yellowstone and one while I was away at church camp. 

Jacob went to science camp from 9-12 this past week (Wednesday to Friday).

A geyser in Yellowstone

Yellowstone Cuties

Hiking

Sooo many bubbles! Hehe

We rode horses in the Tetons because about a year ago Logan asked mom if we would could horseback riding. He really enjoyed it. He was a little nervous, but he got more comfortable and loved it. Logan's horse was Smoke. Jacob really took to it and loved it from the very second that he got on his horse, Casino. The wrangler, Jillian, led the walk and Jacob was right behind her. He was chatting her up the entire ride and she told me twice how much he cracked her up!

Maggie at the Chuckwagon dinner. She had just gotten that pink horse and named her Sparkle.

This is my conversation partner Irene and her husband, Felix. There was a little festival that the organization put on. Jacob loved it because he had cotton candy, a snow cone and a star cookie, haha.

Justin made the BEST pork for our Memorial Day party. It was a labor of love (a night of brinding, and a night of checking on it in the smoker), but it was worth it.

Chuckwagon Dinner!

Ride back from our big hike in the National Forest. Maggie and Logan are asleep.

4th of July with the Martins: Maggie, Estelle, Jacob and Logan. Liam performed Cat's Cradle on the guitar at a concert. We got to hear him from the dock at Hide-a-Way Hills.


Bison at the mudpot

Bison burger at home. We learned about how Bison are a keystone species in North America and how it is great to eat it from time to time. Plus, it's healthier than ground beef. Justin grilled this perfectly. Super yummy!

Church camp- Meredith and Alyssa.

Bubble Bath!

Heading to see Gie on her birthday.

A relaxing July 5. Fire and trampoline sprinkler!

Maggie got to ride a pony in Wyoming. His name was Mo. She loved it!

Wolf!

Boat Ride on Yellowstone Lake.

Under Canvas. Loved this place. Such a fun atmosphere.

McDonald's Sundae's for fun! (Jacob ate it with his left hand. Hmmm.)


Gie is living at the Bristol. It is 10 minutes from Mom's house and 17 minutes from our house.

Camping!

These MS girls joined the 6:30am 5K race. Monda, Lauren and Faith.

Our Bison burgers

Gondola Ride

I loved this hike!

Horseback riding!

Justin and Jacob!

Moose and Baby

Logan and Snake River

:)

"Pop up" petting zoo

Horseback riding

Cuties

Helping the driver with the horse reigns

This was soon after I got back from camp. I don't know why she has the serious face, but I kept getting looots of snuggles.

:)

Jacob and his s'more

:)

Mimi and Bobby

On Snake River

At Under Canvas- the teepee for 2 of the kids. We traded who slept in it.

Logan

All 76 students at camp, plus the leaders

Maggie and Uncle Paul

Mimi and Bobby

Bubbles!

Logan's little league team won the championship game! He had to miss that game because it was the day that we left for Wyoming. This is a pic from an earlier game. Logan is in it, but he must be the kid in the back right that I can't see his face.

:)

Dancing at the glamping spot

Mooore Bubbles. 

Smoke bombs at Liam's house for the 4th.

The girls dancing at glamping

Waiting for the boat tour

Science camp

Maggie and the boys are still so obsessed with Penny.

Lifepoint Church 5K Crew

Memorial Day party. Jacob and Caleb thought they were SO funny by cheating during the 3 legged race. They were having the best time.

Under Canvas

Sibs

Church Camp

Jacob and Maggie

:)

The adults!

Lots of Bison

This was a random 5am CrossFit class when several people cancelled and it was just me and Leigh Ann.

Gie and Maggie-Waggie (as Gie calls her)

Jacob and Casino. He had SO much fun!

Me and my guy

Dancers!

Memorial Day Party!

Wyatt and Logan at a tennis clinic. It was 3 mornings.

Maggie and Mo

The girls on the school bus headed to the rafting

:)

Memorial Day Party

Our Yurt

Gondola evening

The girl cousins

:)

Me and my horse, Kevin.

Memorial Day

Old Faithful

Maggie's signature silly face

:)

Jacob was the first one to get on his horse

The Whole Crew

This was Wednesday morning for a 4:20am run. It was SO SO hot.

:)

:)

Camping Crew!

:)

Hiking

Signal Mountain

Lindsay was so so sweet to drive 55 minutes to meet me for a 5 mile run!

Bear!

Gie :)

Looking in to the sun. Mom's face, hehe.

Logo.

Cuties. Logan didn't like the gondola ride. He was a little nervous.

Camping!

:)

Me and Mama!

On our first day in Wyoming we went on a 10.5 mile bike ride!

An elk (we named him Hungry Elliot later) came up to our first picnic in Yellowstone. I was pretty nervous. Our kids didn't seem to care. Blake was upset. And then some people, didn't seem nervous at all. It ws quite the experience!!

Gorgeous.

The Miley's stopped in for a quick one-night visit!! Ben, Felicia, Alana, Dillon, Lucas and James.

Hike!

:)

3 legged race

:)

Yurt!

And I'm proud to be an American!

Jacob asked to make a craft with some poppers. So he made a Jellyfish! This was while I was at camp. Justin said it looked even better in person.Jacob is so creative.

Maggie: Let's keep going!!

July 4!

Memorial Day Party!

Logan's leg

:)

My Middle School girl group. Love them!

:)

I always have to include a couple of running pics ;)

Jenny Lake

Gondola

Dancing!

:)

S'more crew!

Yellowstone

My guy :)

:)

Tennis camp

Guitar player

:)

Sprinkler fun with Daddy on July 5! Super Dad!



Hiking near our house. Deer Haven Park. We were prepping for Yellowstone!

Maggie was able to nap several days. This was during the boat tour.

:)

Memorial Day Party

Ready to ride horses

Camping!

Uncle Paul- hustling to get picnic supplies put away from Hungry Elliot.

3 legged race

Girlfriend is ready to go!

Gondola

:)

:)

I wasn't there at all, but this snap from Paul was crazy to me. Morgan and a gigantic catfish!!

Glamping

More Bubbles

Maggie's nap!

The girls!

This was at the Bozeman, Montana airport when we were flying home. She fell asleep here in about 5 minutes with a lot going on around her. Totally tuckered out from the trip!

:)

The Mileys


No comments:

Post a Comment