Tuesday, March 2, 2021

February 2021- Logan 7, Jacob 5.5, Maggie 4

February brought us some snow and then cold temps to keep the snow around for a while. We think it's the most snow that we have had in Logan's lifetime. It was amazing to have the retention pond with a little hill behind our house for sledding. We were able to watch the kids sled from the kitchen window. We went out a few times with them, but Logan went out almost every day while we had snow. Maggie and Jacob like sledding too. Jacob would take a little more talking in to for him to get geared up and out there. 

We had Logan's virtual teacher conference last week. He was on the call with us. His teacher said that he has the best first grade work that she has seen in a long time. Wow. We knew he was doing a great job, but Justin and I were both surprised to hear that compliment. So, the dude is crushing it. He's also so kind and helpful. He can get frustrated quickly, so we are trying to work on that. 

Jacob has really made some improvements with his writing. We're working on his letters at home and are really proud of how he is doing. He also began taking showers (instead of baths). The showers are a little hit or miss. The last two times he has told me that the water is too hot and too cold at the same time. So we will see how this plays out! Haha. (I'm fine if he wants to keep taking baths, so we shall see!) Jacob still loves his crafts. The kid can't get enough. 

Maggie is becoming more funny to me. I feel like she's really stepping in to her own little sense of humor. I think she is very caring and aware of people's feelings. The other day I just had a little cold and felt kind of crummy. She came up to me and hugged me, then she cuddled me and scratched my back. It was so thoughtful and sweet.

It's so much fun to be their mom. I feel really blessed. (I say this as all 3 kiddos are off at school right now, haha!)

Justin is still working from home. It sounds like they may adopt some sort of hybrid work schedule, where he is home a few days a week and in the office a few days a week. It's been really nice having him home! He's also still enjoying his rower that he got. He had 2 different issues with it (the screen and a lose bolt), but has gotten both of those fixed. 

We read a picture book that included a bunch of mythical creatures. Now, the Jackalope is Jacob's new favorite animal. He wants this for his birthday. :-)

We had a great winter with snow. A looooot of sledding = A loooooot of hot chocolate :-)

Just wanted a pic of snowy house :-)

Jacob cranked this out in about 4 minutes. This is a big improvement! Kindergarten here he comes!

Trampoline was out of commission for a few months due to lots of snow and cold, so kids have been having fun. Blake and Jackson were over!

Justin taught Logan how to play chess. Logan said there is a 40% chance that he can beat Daddy. I don't think he realizes how complex the game can be, but I'm proud of him for playing. Sometimes Logan will sit there and play himself. Last time he lost to himself, hahaha!

Lots of cold miles with Clare. I'm looking to switch up my workout routine and run a bit less. I'm going to try out CrossFit in the next week.

Pond ice skating! Justin drilled down 6 inches and it was still ice. A little hockey!

Logan's basketball team! They did great! Logan scored 3-10 baskets each game. He LOVED playing!

Maggie and her friend, Sam, on Valentine's Day!

Silly!

Passing out Valentine's at school

Penny! Kids are still obsessed. All 3, but especially Maggie.

Another pic of snowy house with the icicles.

I was desperate to get out of the house, so we went to the zoo!

Cutie pie!!!

Catboy and Gecko from PJ Masks!

All of us on the icy pond!

Jenna and I on our coldest run of the year. 7 cold miles. I think the real feel was 2 degrees.

Cuties

This was the day I did my 15 miler. It was a snowy mess. School ended up being cancelled. There was a big group of us that ran together and it was fun and dumb all at the same time! ;) I loved it though!

Bath time!

Sleepy girl

I told Jacob that I couldn't see his face. He said, "that's how it's supposed to be." He's a real cowboy!

I couldn't find Penny as I went to bed. She was on Jacob's bed. I went to get her and she didn't come out at first. She seemed pretty comfy sleeping on his bed with him.

Naptime!

Jacob went and packed for Yellowstone! (We're not going until June, haha!)

We've been loving playing Nintendo Switch!

One of the girls snapped this during that crazy 15 miler I mentioned earlier.

This was the MOON at 6:45am. We got to watch it on one of our runs. I loved it.

Penny had to go to the vet because of her "third eyelid". You can kind of see it here. She had to have eye gel for a week. She seems to be better now.

Jacob called these ice angels, since they were on the pond.

Logan's puzzle. He was trying to get Jacob out of the pic, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment