Last Tuesday, March 10, I went to Bible study for our "cleaning the church" day. We do it once a term. People had been talking about Corona, but there were a lot of questions and speculations. It was pretty much "business as usual." Two days later, on Thursday afternoon, Governor DeWine, cancelled all K-12 schools for the state of Ohio until April 6 (3 weeks off, 1 of those weeks is Spring Break). I was so shocked. I can't wrap my head around everything, but I have finally gotten to the point where I don't think I will be too surprised by more closures, etc. Election Day was postponed around 11pm the night before... what?!! At this point, most people that I know (including us) are not going anywhere except for the grocery store here and there. Justin went to work last Monday through Wednesday and worked from home yesterday and today. For next week, he will be working from home every day, which I am thankful for (no need to be around people if he doesn't need to be.)
Governor DeWine has been one of the most aggressive governors as far as closures are going. Dr. Amy Acton is the head hancho of the health side of all of this in Ohio. She is the director of the Ohio Department of Health. A lot of my friends think she is amazing and respect her a lot.
There has been speculation on Ohio going to a more strict quarantine. As of last night, California has a "stay-at-home" order.
The recommendations are to not be in groups or more than 10 people, but most people are sticking to immediate family only. Phrases that didn't exist or I hadn't heard until a week ago- "distance learning"- being homeschooled by your parents, but with resources from the teachers, also, "social distancing"- staying at least 6 feet away, but most people aren't going near anyone.
The Corona Virus has been declared a Global Pandemic. It has been consuming in many ways. I have still been running with friends because it is outside and fewer than 10 people. It seems to be all that we can talk about. It's the only thing on the news or Facebook. It consumes a lot of my thoughts. I'm not afraid, it is more the uncertainty of knowing how long this quarantine will last. The economic impact of this is staggering. It is unlike anything that anyone alive has ever experienced. I continue to feel like I am in a weird dream.
Justin and I were chatting last night about how we feel so blessed in so many ways. We have not been as impacted as other families. I already stay at home and we only have one kiddo in school. We just had Logan's parent-teacher conference last week and he is doing above average and is a great student. His teacher said that he is a role model to other students daily. We are so proud of him. But, as far as the homeschooling goes, it's nice to only have one kid that needs to be doing schoolwork. We are making sure that I am teaching all 3, but it's nice not to have packets and information coming in for all 3 kids. It's also been really fun that our kids are so close in age, because there is always someone to play with as we are in such close quarters. I could go on and on, but I feel God throughout all of this. He is watching over us. He is our stronghold.
On a fun side note. We got a trampoline (kind of) because of staying at home so much! We've only had it for 2 days, but we love it!!
These pictures are out of order, so some are pre-virus days and some are our new "semi-quarantine" days or whatever you want to call them.
Climbing in the tree fort near our neighborhood pond.
I got the itch to get a pet, so we looked at cats.... these two black cats are brothers. We will not be getting a pet as of right now.
Jacob came out from getting his jammies on and was dressed as Captain Underpants. He's always around to make us laugh.
Watching the worship band warm up at church.
Salamander craft at Highbanks Park
Maggie got her second haircut. She got 4 inches cut off. Good thing because salons and barber shops were forced to closed a few days ago.
There were several daily schedules going around on Facebook for the new homeschooling adventure. I created my own. We had a really great first week. It was pretty fun staying on top of things. I think one change that we weren't doing is getting outside by 9am. It feels nice to go on a quick walk, regardless of the weather, and get some fresh air to start the day (although, usually I've already been on a run).
Crazy hair!!!
Granddaddy Buddy came to town to see Molly in Mamma Mia!
Maggie and I went to see Gie Gie and of course we went to Country Gentleman! I got some fun clothes and Maggie got Birkenstocks.
Gie and Maggie :-)
Granddaddy Buddy!
Maggie came downstairs dressed like this, haha!
Daddy cuddles in the morning!
Jacob's new haircut!! (again.... glad we happened to do this recently!)
I had to hit the treadmill this morning due to thunder and lightning. It has been a LONG time since I did 6 miles on the treadmill. I'm glad I got it done though!
:)
This was our first rental car when we went to see Gie. Maggie called it a race car, haha. Then they made us change cars because this tag was about to expire. It was frustrating to change the car seat and everything.
Me and Daddy!
17 mile run about 2 weeks ago!! I did a 16 mile run this past Wednesday at a 8:30 pace, which I'm pumped about. There is a strong chance that the Cleveland on May 17 will get cancelled due to this virus. This has made our motivation this week a little less, but I'm glad I still got the runs done.
Mimi, Maggie, Missi!
Jacob the vampire!
:)
Logan and Logan! These two were a dynamic duo on the football field!
Homeschooling begins!
The Finneys bought each of the kids a book and art booklet because of having to stay at home. SOOO sweet!!
Our weekly "specials" calendar! haha!! We got through each "class"!
Jacob ordered whipped cream on his pancakes and it was A LOT. So happy!
School time. We watched a 5 minute video on worms after we went outside and counted over 40 works on a short neighborhood walk on a drizzly day.
Drake, Kaylyn and Tilly were in town!!
Granddaddy Buddy!!
Shale Hollow!!
Getting arrows off the roof!
Silly faces
We've been doing lots of yoga!
I totally forgot it was picture day at school because I knew we wouldn't order them a second time in one year. This was one of few days that I let the kids pick out what they were wearing (since I didn't remember about pics). Jacob is wearing a navy sports jersey with black pants! :-)
Seeing Molly in Mamma Mia!
Bath time!! Since this pic, Logan has taken 2 showers in a row. Bath tub was getting tooooo crowded!
Learning the rules to cops and robbers
While I was in MS, the boys went to Chuck E. Cheese
Kids yoga
It was crazy hat day at school, so Jacob wanted to make his own. He continues to amaze us with our creativity!!
:)
I got this game from the library, Onitami, for Justin and I to play. It is for people 14 years old and up. Logan learned how to play it!
Maggie said she needed a "little" vaseline and then she walked over to me with this glob!
Leaving Gie's House.
Mamma Mia!!!
Jacob dressed up as a pirate, so Justin made a pirate ship for him.
Jacob wanted a mohawk!
First day of homeschooling
At Highbanks- they got their 3rd badge. They get one for every 5 classes they go to. This class was on amphibians.
Our first virtual Lifegroup last night. It was SO nice to connect!
School pics
Family walk
Math time at home
Hugs from Logan
Homeschooling
Breakfast at Gie's
Cuddles!
St. Patrick's day... green cake and green pancakes!
:)
School time!
Maggie's haircut































































No comments:
Post a Comment