Maggie calls Jacob, Bake and she calls Logan, Yeti. We don't know how she got that one, but Logan is now Yeti and he seems to like it. :-) Maggie has been chomping on her fingers some because she is teething. She seems to feel better after ibuprofen. She's developing more and more of her personality and I think she is leaning a little bit more towards Jacob's personality.... kind of feisty and silly.
In the last month Logan has started coloring ALL. THE. TIME. He started using colored pencils and is obsessed and he is pretty darn good. It's so cute. And let's face it..... it's a quiet and non-messy activity, so I'm on board! Haha. He will sit at the kitchen counter for an hour at a time and color. I'll tell him, "how about you take a break and run around?" His teacher told me that he politely told his friend at school that he should try and stay in the lines. Sheesh. A smidge OCD, but that's okay I suppose. I think he just really really enjoys it.
Justin is doing well. He is going to UGANDA!!!!! He will go in January for about 10 days. Our church hosts a center that helps 200 kids and every kid is sponsored by someone in our church. This just got up and running about a year ago, so Justin will be able to meet the kid that we sponsor, Abey. Abey is 5 years old. There is a team of about 10 people from our church that will go to Kakira Carepoint in Uganda every January and July. So he is going this January. He is very excited. They are mostly there to encourage the staff that is there long-term. They won't be building anything... they are there to form relationships. He had to do this little Bible study/video series and I watched the videos with him. It discusses poverty and how it's not necessarily best to bring things of monetary value. The title was called "Helping without Hurting". Anyway, it's kind of hard to explain. But I am pumped for him.
I am doing well. Potty training really is the biggest thing going on, which is just the season of life I'm in. I'm not doing big, important things, but I'm okay with that. I'm teaching my kids about Jesus and that feels pretty good. :-) God has me where He wants me. I am soaking in His Word and trying to show my kids His love. I have really grown from the two bible study groups that I'm in. I have some great women in my women's group that are wonderful mentors to me. The family group, is a great place for Justin and I to grow closer to God together. So each group is special in its own way.
I have gotten in to a good workout routine. I love my morning routine of getting a workout in and having devotional time before the kids get up. I love it so much so, that on my "off" days from working out, I am going to try and do a few quick 5 minute workout videos just to get me out of bed and moving. This morning was my first morning and it was great!
Below are the monthly pics, but we also had our sitter, Nikol, take our family pictures for our Christmas card. She does photography on the side and we signed up for one of her "mini-shoots." It was 15 minutes and a whirlwind. Jacob and Logan were trying so hard, but you'll see.... hard to get a natural smile. And Maggie wasn't crying, but she never smiled either! I guess it's just the ages of the kiddos!
Sneak peek of family photos....
Logan was ready!
Me and my girl
This about sums it up!
I liked the setting that we were at... a Christmas tree farm about 15 minutes from our house.
:)
Cuties
Justin said put your hands down and he got confused. He really was trying. Haha.
Uh oh.
This is one of the better ones!
You can see everyone's face!
:)
I took Maggie to see Gie and John, so I had some cute pics texted to me!
Blake and Jackson's birthday party!
8 years old!
Trampoline party!
Halloween!
Cuties!
Trick-or-treat!
The Finney's Dragon!
Halloween party
Maggie was gone, so they texted that they were able to build a dinosaur park without her tearing it down.
Logan did those clouds all by himself. So impressed.
Boys' weekend.
Logan got everything out and did his breakfast all on his own while I was out of town.
COSI- a big science center for kids. Justin took the boys while I was in Mississippi. They were there from 10am to 3:45pm. It's a little expensive, so they wanted to make sure they got their money's worth and they sure did! Jacob says it was "the most awesomest dinosaur bones EVER!" The dinosaur bones were the first thing that Jacob told me about.
Short movie at COSI
Lunch at COSI
Water table fun!
:)
:)
More fun at COSI
Cool!
Static electricity
Steak and Shake after COSI
Leaf pile!
We don't have many trees, but the boys managed to rake up a few leaves.
:)
Logan
Brothers!
While Mama's away, Daddy spikes the hair!
Spiky hair!
At Lifegroup... our service project is to make care packages for international college students. We have the kiddos help. :-)
Quaker Steak and Lube after church.... Justin and I loved our wings!
Justin is a jerky making machine!
Painting Nutcrackers
Singing to Jesus at Lifegroup
Praise and worship dancing and singing at Lifegroup
Logan took this pic... I forget why... but since I was actually dressed and not in a t-shirt, I posted it here. ;)
Breakfast time!
Neighborhood Halloween Party. Look at that Minnie Mouse ;)
Cutest Minnie I ever saw
Bacon, Selfie Filter, Queen of Hearts
Kiddos at neighborhood party
Adults at Neighborhood party
Jesse's Surprise 40th birthday...we celebrated Lanna and Julie's birthdays too.
At Blake and Jackson's birthday party
Pizza time!
Cousins
Mimi and Maggie
We cleaned the basement playroom! Haha.
I'm SURE this is how Justin felt! Bahaha
Crazy hair!
This girl!
Daddy is in town!!!
Granddaddy Buddy came to pickup kids from school... matching hats and all.
Jacob and Granddaddy Buddy!
Maggie and Granddaddy Buddy!
J-Bake!
Logan had Yogi Bear for the weekend from school and we had to do things with the letter I.... that means Ice Cream with the cousins!
Cheese!
Reading buddies
Jackson's turn!
Cousins!
Home Depot...making helicopters!
Sissy is there for moral support.
Finished products!
BWs with Daddy (and Yogi!)
Logan and Daddy!
Logan was a little reluctant, but then did it.
Maggie and Daddy!
Cuddle Bug and Granddaddy Buddy
Shooting hoops!
:)
We got a sitter so we could go out to dinner with Dad in town!
At J. Alexander's
Logan's arm... :)
Granddaddy Buddy got Logan an Indoraptor from Jurassic Park! It started with the letter I.
INSIDE the tent with Yogi.
Logan sharing his Yogi Tales page.
Letter I share day.
I had to put this, because Logan is loving coloring by numbers. He loves coloring on his own or in a coloring book. Just about anything!
He works so hard at it.
J-Bake!!
A bigger morning crew. LOVE, love this running group. They keep me in shape. :-)
Me and Maggie going to see Gie and John. Our flight was cancelled, so we had an extra 5 hours at the airport. She was a trooper.
Gie and Mags
Sweet girl
Breakfast and Gie and Gie-Daddys
Blue Dog!
Grocery shopping with Gie
Melt my heart
Gie Daddy got dressed and we went out to lunch.
So so sweet.
:-)
At Midtown Cafe. Was so surprised that we went out to lunch!
Gie Daddy opened Maggie's plastic pack of silverware. Was cute.
Gie danced with Maggie
Selfie time
Maggie really warms up to Gie.
Can't go to Greenville without getting Shipley Do-nuts
This was at the hospital on our way out of town. (John fell the morning we left.) Maggie can always help make Gie feel better. (John had surgery the following day and was in the hospital for several days. He is home now. He's not doing great, but he's stable.)
On our way home... Maggie loved the escalators.
This is an Orange Theory calendar... I just want to remember that I did this. I go once a week. It's a fabulous workout. I go to the 5am class.
Too cool!
She put it backwards
At Highbanks nature center... about to learn about Animals in the Winter
Maggie sat on Logan's lap for about 10 minutes
Look who's wearing big boy underwear!!
Before I told them that Jacob had to get out, I had to snap a quick picture, haha.
When it's winter time and you're potty training.
I wanted to try and make a chocolate chip pound cake like I had at Gie's. I had 1/2 cup measuring cup and put in my oil, water, sugar, sour cream, etc.... turns out that 1/2 was actually a FULL cup. So when it called for 1 cup of sugar, I was putting in TWO cups of sugar. Whatever the equivalent to having a black thumb for gardening is what I have for cooking. Bahahaha. (I know what a full cup looks like, but I had just used a silver cup and this was plastic.... I don't even know why I try to defend myself because the whole thing is idiotic! :-))
Lifegroup service project!
A little snow!!!
The kiddos had to play in the snow for a few minutes before heading to school.
Painting Nutcrackers
Jackson came over after school for 1 hour and the kids had a blast! (Blake had a dentist appointment.)
Logan's turkey is in the top row, third one. You are supposed to "disguise" a turkey so they don't get eaten. Logan's looks like a mess, but he did the entire thing by himself. He cut out snakes to tape on and then he used WAY too much tape, so he said that the snakes were shedding their skin. I thought it was pretty creative. I wouldn't want to go eat a turkey that looks like snakes. Anyway, I thought it was cool that he did it without any help. :-)
Logan drew a farm. A horse, barn, cow, pig, and then above a bull and a rooster.













No comments:
Post a Comment