Thursday, May 19, 2016

Jacob 10 months old, Logan 2 years old

I'm doing this blog update from our back deck. It is 72 degrees and sunny... can't get much better than that!

Well, our little cuties are just that... cute! Jacob just started walking with a walker! It seems like he could be on pace to walk just before his 1st birthday so we shall see. He just finished a little 4 day spell of not feeling so hot, and we're pretty sure it was from teething. So, I'm glad to see our happy baby back again! I love how much he smiles. It just makes my day.

Logan is the best big brother. Justin and I were just talking about it the other day... we never could have fathomed how darn sweet he would be to Jacob. It is just the cutest thing to watch. Logan will put his hand on Jacob's back when he crawls up the stairs, he will give him kisses randomly, he (almost) always wants to help with Jacob. He likes to feed him his baby oatmeal in the morning. I mean, I just can't get over it. Justin was saying that it can't last forever, but for right now, it is precious.

Logan is still going to "school" on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will continue that through the summer and in to next year. Today they are having a carnival party for the end of the year. We took in cookies, and he was so excited about that. He also said, "balloons?" this morning, wondering if there would be balloons at the party. His talking has really ramped up. We had a babysitter last night, Chloe. It was only her 2nd time, but I really like her. She just graduated from OU and will be going to OSU the next year to get a graduate degree in social work. Anyway, she said that she depended on Logan asking where stuff was, like the remote. It's nice that he can communicate pretty well now!

Speaking of communicating, at Jacob's 9 month check-up, the doctor said that he should be making consonant sounds and he was just cooing. Well, he finally has started blabbering a bit more! Of course he has KIND OF said "da da" and Justin is claiming that as his first word, although it sounds more like "ah deh, ah deh." :-)

I had my 10 year college reunion at IU with my DG girls last weekend. There were a total of 12 of us that went, and we had so much fun! Oddly enough, most of my closest girlfriends weren't able to come, but it was still SO great to catch up with everyone. Girls' weekends are just good for the soul! It's so nice knowing that I have Justin as Super Dad on my team. I can go away and know that he has everything under control. And usually they end up doing extra fun stuff, like French toast for breakfast (instead of oatmeal). Grammy came down for a day too, and I know the boys had fun with her.  

Last night (on a Wednesday night), Justin, Molly, Vince and I went to see Joe Diffie at Tequila Cowboy. I was kind of nervous about being up that late, because he was supposed to start at 10pm, but he started at 9:30pm! I was so happy. We had a really fun time!! Although, I think we are all tired today :-)



Playing on their own

Jacob's dedication day

Sweet boy



Jacob's dedication at church (the signs in the background are lies that society can make us think... not what our church believes!)



Zoo!





Random Easter Egg hunt a month after Easter with my Moms Club



Getting so big!


Justin is excited about Logan's Lindor shirt


Dirt pile with his new shovel

Check out my new shovel hanger and basket that Daddy hung for me!

Jacob's first time playing at the library


Park play date with Moms Club: Logan and Breeley




Emily, Katie, Logan and Daniel

First boo boo of the summer

Daniel, Emmy, Logan

Logan at touch-a-trucik

Logan, Daniel, Emmy, Jacob

Olentangy Baseball Game

Derby Party!


Flying a kite

Superman kite!





Derby themed birthday party, complete with ponies!

Wagon ride


I didn't even know they took a pic of Logan in a cap and gown.... he graduated from his Pooh Bear class room and will become a Care Bear, lol

Thumbs up (even though he threw up all over his bed an hour earlier)


Delta Gamma Reunion


Found this in a scrap book at the DG house

Composite picture my sophomore year of college

My Anchor on the senior wall, it's still there!

Annette, Elizabeth, Tara

Christina, Emily, Bethany, Mindy

Megan, Tara, Kara, Jill, Emiy, Bethany, Annette, Elizabeth, Christina

Aww, DG!

DG!








Big time farm


Grammy comes to visit!!


Moms club play date


Joe Diffie!

Joe Diffie night!

Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment