Logan is 16 months old today! He's had a good month. I think he is done teething for the moment, which means he is, generally, in a good mood! He is still pretty darn clingy. We can't seem to get the church nursery down. He has yet to happily make it in there for the whole hour, but if that is our biggest struggle, then I would say we are doing okay!
He can feed himself with a spoon pretty well, as long as it is something that stays on the spoon, like mashed potatoes or oatmeal. He has been feeding himself for over a month now. (He still needs a little help here and there.)
Logan is recently obsessed with all books that have to do with animals. His favorite animal seems to be a goat! When you read a book to him, he points to everything and says, "Dhat!"... I think he is saying, "That?" and wants you to tell him what it is.
His favorite toy right now is any ball.
We went to Ft. Myers over my Spring Break. We went to the same condo that we were at last year. We went from Monday to Friday. Justin was sick until Wednesday evening, so that put a major damper on the vacation, but we still tried to make the most of it. Justin had a SERIOUS sore throat that gave him a fever and made him feel beyond awful. He finally went to the doctor on Wednesday.... poor guy had to walk a total of almost 4 miles to the doctor and to get his prescriptions since we didn't have a car and the trolley wasn't coming around much during the morning time. He ended up getting two shots and had two prescriptions. Anyway, Logan and I had a nice time and we all had a lot of fun on our last day, Thursday. Logan loved going from the beach to the ocean to the pool. It was just the CUTEST watching him walk around on the beach!! I absolutely loved watching him... he's such a cutie! On the plane rides, Logan did about as good as can be expected. It's no walk in the park, but it could have been much worse.
Logan has the cutest little wave now, where he opens and closes his fingers. He doesn't wave on command, he definitely has to be in the mood and feel like waving to you.
I went to NYC a few weeks ago with Mom, Molly and Marney. We had a GREAT time! We saw Chicago, Something Rotten, Honeymoon in Vegas and The Rockettes Spring Spectacular. We ate at a lot of great restaurants and overall, had a wonderful time.
Justin is getting back from Las Vegas today. He went for the weekend with Vince, John (a neighbor friend) and John's friend, Jeremy. The 4 of them went for John's 40th birthday. They went out and gambled some, apparently Justin came out ahead, so that's always good!
While Justin was in Vegas, Logie and I had a nice weekend. We played outside and also ran some errands to get stuff for his "big boy" room. I feel like I had been staling and it felt good to finally get some stuff going for his room. After all, it's 3 months until Jakey's big arrival!
On a big bummer of a note.... our dear babysitter, Nikol, is moving to Oklahoma in 2 weeks :-( I never knew that I could become so attached to a babysitter for Logan, but she has been much more than that. She treats him like family and she has become family to us. She started watching him at just 9 weeks old and he is SO comfortable with her. I have a hard time not crying whenever I think about it. She is the only person that Logan doesn't cry with when Justin or I leave. Nikol has 3 daughters that are all in school, so Logie is her only boy :-) She only watches him, so he gets her (and her girls') full attention! I never thought I would trust someone so much with my own son, but I completely trust her and it's a wonderful feeling. I am beyond sad to see her and her sweet family go. Her 3 girls are so sweet with Logan and always loving on him. Ovi even bought him a ball with her own money. We are going to really miss them.
On a brighter note, it is finally starting to consistently be warm (in the low 60s) and we are so grateful! Logan LOVES to be outside!
Enjoying a snack outside for the first time of the season.
At the playground
The bat is the size of Logan
Logan and Jacob's Easter baskets
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
At the Orange Library for the first time. He loved playing there... we didn't do any reading, whoops!
In NYC- Mama and I got an extra cot!
First outfit I purchased for Jacob :-) (I did the same when I was in NYC before for Logan.)
Marney and I in NYC
Me and Mama in NYC at Palm
Jennifer Nettles as Roxie in Chicago... she was amazing!!!
Right after we saw Chicago... SO good!
Selfie while we wait to meet Jennifer
Jennifer Nettles!!! (Country singer in Sugarland)
Times Square
Sisters!
Logan at the playground at the mall with Daddy
Daddy took Logan shopping while Mama was in NYC- they got a new hat and shoes!
Exploring around the pond
Beth's dress rehearsal! (Standing ovation during the 1st act was an incredible moment!)
Boys weekend- at Wings and Rings
Big Brownie!
Happy boy with his cymbals
Diaper shower for Ashley Steinhauer at Lattes and Lollipops
Back row: Barrett, Hattie, Katie, Laney, Laura, Anna, Sam
Front row: Randi, Jax, Ashley M, Ethan, Ashley S, Emily, Logan
Brought a dirty pan and silverware over to me in the living room, lol
Early morning... checking out the birds with Pep
He brought all of his balls to me
On the plane to Ft. Myers!
Daddy and Logan
Ready to hit the beach!
First time playing in the sand (went last year when he was 3 months old, but he just laid around:) )
Loves his shovel
Sand baby
Ft. Myers fun!
Hanging in the ocean with Daddy
Lovin' the little waves
Sweet boy!
Mama and her boy!
:)
Sunset walk on the beach
Plane ride home... worn out.
Some casual reading
Logie's first Easter basket!
He's a fan!
He LOVED finding the eggs around the house.
Finding more eggs
Easter lunch with Janey and Duane at our house
Playing tee ball with Daddy!
At the park
Vacuuming at Nikol's
Lisa is in town, so that means girls' dinner!
Back row: Sam, Katie, Lisa, Emily, Ashley S
Front row: Randi, Barrett, Ashley M, Katie
Still loves to play basketball
Playing in the puddles
Playing in the puddles with Blake and Jackson!
At Daniel's 3rd birthday party at Recreation Outlet
We got a Minivan!!!
At Nikol's "helping" make the beds
Little nugget
Dinner date at Panera while Daddy's in Vegas
Justin eating Bone Marrow (???!!) in Vegas!
John, Jeremy, Justin and Vince in Vegas!
Logie and Pepper checking on the birds
Logan's first popsicle
Harper lovin' on Logan... he wasn't so sure!
Burger King
No comments:
Post a Comment