It was so much fun to have Logie get to spend some good time with all of his cousins. He has some great older cousins that love to dote on him. It gives us a break when they are all together, because all of his girl cousins love to play with him. It is so sweet. For the first time, Logan and Colton interacted more.... although it was Logan taking a little hockey puck type thing and hitting it on Colton's head a time or two... EEK! Hey- it was cute to see them "playing together" nonetheless.
Traveling to Mississippi and back was not too horrible with a 12 month old. Logan really did as well as I could have hoped. It's not that he was a total angel, because he definitely needed "entertaining" most of the flights, but we really couldn't have asked for him to be much better. Our very first flight of the trip was probably the most difficult, because we sat on the runway for about 40 minutes without able to get out of our seats. A time or two, Logan screamed, but I didn't blame him... I wanted to scream too! :)
It was so great seeing Gie Gie and John. Logan crawled all over and had a great time at their house. He definitely is going through a bit of a "clingy" phase, so he wouldn't let many people hold him. However, Madeline, especially, seemed to be bonding with him and she toted him around and he seemed to like it. It was so stinkin' cute!
Then, we went to Daddy's house in Vicksburg and got to see the whole Dees family! It was so fun to see everyone. We did it potluck style (although we didn't bring anything) and it was all so yummy! This day was the last of a 2 week span of Logan going to and from different places and seeing a ton of new faces, so he was even more clingy than normal. It will be nice to have him at the Fair, where he can settle in for a few days and really get to hang out more with everyone.
The day after we got back from Mississippi, Logan got a nasty cold. The worst one of his life. We took him to the doctor and they said there was nothing to do. After another 4 days, without any improvements, we took him to the doctor again and he had a double ear infection with the right ear being worse. I was glad that there was at least medicine he could take to get better. He has taken him about 2 weeks, but he is finally healthy again!! I felt so bad for the little guy. He was just miserable for about a week. In the last few days his has gotten better and is laughing again. He didn't even laugh when he was sick :(
Also, now that he is bettter, Justin is ready to get him walking! So, we've been having him practice this week and he is really starting to walk!!! Logan will take anywhere from 5 to 10 steps between me and Justin. It is SO exciting!!! I'm curious to see how quickly or slowly it continues to progress. He definitely still needs for you to stand him up and start him off. Right now he will only walk towards a person. Also, this week, we gave him his last bottle. It was sad to me, because I love that morning cuddle time in the chair in his nursery. It's such a sweet time, that I'm sad is gone. I guess he can't stay a baby forever!
Speaking of babies... we have another baby on the way!!!! Baby Jacob is due July 10, 2015!!! We are pretty set on the name :) Logan is excited to be a BIG brother, even if he doesn't know about it ;)
Logie's words: Mama, Dada, Pah (for Pepper) and Ba (for ball)
Madeline and Logie at Mimi and Bobby's for Christmas
Girls Annual Lunch at the Morgan House before Thanksgiving:
Back row: Stephanie, Deidre, Sam, Christina, Me, Ash Steinhauer, Katie Sprinkle
Front row: Katie King, Barrett, Reece, Randi, Laura
I told the girls on this day that I was pregnant... was only 7 weeks at the time!
Christmas morning :-) Makes my heart so happy looking back on these pics.
Justin, Gie Daddy, Em and Logan
John, Gie, Blake, Jackson, Madeline, Morgan, Logan
Daddy, Justin, Logan, Em at Dad's house in Vicksburg
Justin and Em- NYE at the Kerscher's
NYE... watching the ball drop in London 6 hours early so we can make it home in time for bedtimes.... how times have changed!
A little non-alcoholic champagne (and regular for the Mr.)
My girls1 Katie Sprinkle, Ash Myers, Me, Christina, Ash Steinhauer, Katie Kerscher, Barrett (5 of the 7 of us are pregnant in this pic!)
Me and my little dude.
Mama and her boy
Emmy and Logie
Daddy and Logan
I had a snow day, so I shoveled the drive... I was very proud :-)
Selfie!
Sweet ball pit/jump-o-line from the Martins!! Logan and Liam
Buddies watching TV
Emmy and Logan (Logan is just 6 weeks older)
Our suitcase on the way home from Mississippi- the overweight fee is $150!!!!! I thought we learned the hard way, but then the guy checking us in had us look at the receipt and he didn't charge us. I literally cried, lol. It was SOOO nice!
At Sherman's.... Logan ate the most he's ever eaten in his life.
Thomas the Train for Christmas!
Christmas morning :-)
Christmas morning with our sweet boy.
Steak n' Shake
Christmas at the Plessingers... Logan,Colton, Julie
Ellie and Logan
Logie in the dog bed with Izzy (our babysitters' youngest)
At Logie's birthday party with Alivia, Ellie, Julie and Lanna
Neighborhood party at Wine Bistro... so fun that we are at a neighborhood party with our sibs. Too cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment