Food:
Just after 5 months old, we started supplementing with the big bad formula! I was SO torn with starting to give him formula, but it has just made sense. He loves a bottle because he can guzzle down the food, so he is a happy camper! He has been fine nursing in the mornings, but in the evenings he seems too hungry and would always get angry. But, as of last week, we started giving him formula and he seems to be doing great!! We have also tried rice cereal twice. Having never spoon-fed a baby, I didn't know what I was doing. The first time we fed him rice cereal, I was just shoveling it in his mouth because the poor kid looked like he couldn't get enough! Then Justin showed me how to gently give Logan the cereal by the spoon and the whole thing seemed much more civilized. There wasn't a baby being choked with the spoon and gasping for air, like when I fed him! Whoops! Hey, I thought he liked it!
Sleep:
Little rascal is still getting up at night.... let's just say, he has me trained. I can't help it, when I hear him up, I immediately throw myself out of bed. The past few nights we have started to try and let him cry a bit more and we are trying to break him of his night feeding. Hopefully he'll be done with that soon.... although, I never thought I'd say it, but I really don't mind one night feeding. It is kind of a peaceful, sweet time :)
Play:
Logie is still rolling over a lot! And just in the last 24 hours, he has started rolling from front to back, which he never has done much. This is a good skill because he always seems to get cranky after a while once he is on his stomach, because he couldn't roll back over. So let's hope this new skill is here to stay. He still loves his jumperoo. He's been enjoying finding his feet and putting his paci in and out. His little squeals are so cute and he has this "happy scream" which cracks me up. Several weeks ago, we heard Logie giggle, an all-out giggle, for the first time. It was the best sound I've heard in my life. He's had small, little giggles since then, but he hasn't really laughed like he did that time a few weeks ago. We are always trying to get our Logie Monster to really laugh now!
We haven't had any major mishaps to report. Although, our babysitter had Logan out to eat breakfast with a friend. It was just 24 hours after his first formula, and apparently he had a major explosion.... on her friend! I wasn't there, but luckily his stomach has seemed to settle down and he seems to be doing just fine with his new food :) I still plan to keep nursing at least until the 6 month mark. It made me sad at first, but now it seems like the formula is a little gold mine! It's so nice being able to be a little bit more flexible with his feedings. So, I'm slowly coming around to being glad about the switch over. I'm thinking I'll start to stop nursing around 6 months.
Here are some pics of our sweet Logie :)
Hanging with my little man :)
Logie and his cousins!
Nikol texted this to me while I was at work.... love getting texts like this!
Playing with his blocks from Aunt Daney and Uncle Jim!
Sneezed a little too hard, ha!
Enthralled with the glow pet that Nikol got him... it's so soft!
Our little chicken! (cute towel from Deidre)
Reading a little Beth Moore
Finding his feet
5 month pic... 5 days late, whoops!
Stare down.... neither of them is sure of the other.
Naked boy!
Family pic- went to the Keene's for the derby
Tummy time
Pepper!











No comments:
Post a Comment