Somewhat of back-to-back blogs... we leave for Outer Banks on Monday, so I wanted to get this June blog up. :)
This season of parenthood is so so sweet and tender. Gosh, I can just feel the time slipping through my fingers as I try to hold on tightly to these precious ages.... 10, 8 and 7. If I had to guess, it feels like the golden years of parenting.... but a dear friend who has 20-somethings says that it continues to be just as good. Anyway, I just had to comment on how sweet this season is.
We had to head out of the house in the middle of me writing this blog update, and I got so so frustrated with the kids with trying to get out the door.... just a reminder that it's not all sunshine and sweetness, we definitely have our moments too.
Out of order pics per usual. We've had a great first month of summer. As Maggie keeps saying, we have a long streak of vacations this summer. :)
In this blog...
Memorial Day weekend- Cabin in Hocking Hills with Janey and Duane
Mid-June- Norris Lake
Late June- Rustic Knolls Camping Weekend
Late June- Logan, Camp at The Wilds; Jacob, Camp at Camp Wyandot
The rest of summer...
July:
Outer Banks with the Martins
Gull Lake in Michigan- Family Christian Camp
NCF
August:
Tar Hollow Camping Weekend
Clemmer Family Reunion in PA, followed up with one day at Hershey Park
then School!
Rustic Knolls- one of two pics all weekend. Giant bubbles were so cool.
Rustic Knolls pond- it was packed over the weekend. The inflatables are so fun! Jacob got swimmers ear from the pond. Kids had a blast here. We had to pull them out to feed them. :) This pic was on Sunday morning and Jacob is the only one in the pond. You have to look closely.
Logan went to two lacrosse clinics at OSU. It was super cool. It was for 5th-12th graders, so he was one of the youngest there. The two nights he went were some verrrrrry hot evenings in the 90s.
Quick visit to see Gie
Dropping of Wyatt and Logan at the Wilds camp. It's 1 hour and 40 minutes away. It's affiliated with the Columbus Zoo. He's at Camp as I type this, so I don't have too much to write about yet. :)
Logan and Wyatt at drop off at Camp
Liana and Maggie at a volleyball clinic for 3 mornings this week
While Logan and Maggie are at activities, Jacob and I went to Indian Falls and really had fun creeking!
3 ducks!
Cool waterfall
A pic from Logan's camp
This was Jacob last night.... he said this is how he will sleep the night before camp (which is tonight). Jacob is pumped for his first overnight camp which is tomorrow until Saturday. I'm excited for him too!
Norris Lake!
Lots of delicious food from Mimi at Norris Lake!
Hanging at the dock
Boating- kids exploring the rocks
Float time
Kids enjoying playing around the dock
Loooots of Chariot Riding
Floaters
:)
Mags!
Mags rocked it!
Woo!!
Chariot Riding!
Woo!
Finney Family Night
Finney's House
Chariot!
More Chariot!
Hocking Hills cabin weekend. This property had it's own trails. So cool.
Hocking Hills Hike
Hocking Hills!
So pretty
Hocking Hills- the kids loved this little water hole
:)
:)
Group pic!!
Hiking
BB gun target practice
BB gun
Hike
Hike
Dead turtle- eek!
Dinner at the lodge
"Will you take my picture?"
Hiking
:)
Cuties!
The whole crew
This tree helped us find our way bc we passed it a second time and we remembered Jacob climbing it!
The cabins we rented. I loved this property. Would love to buy it lol.
Jacob's creation
Relaxing by the fire
We ended the Hocking Hills weekend with lunch at Quaker Steak. It was so cold in there that I legit went to get a blanket for the kids!
Quaker Steak
Putt Putt
Slaloming- it was so much fun. I skied twice.
Boat rides
Jackson got a fish hook stuck in his finger- he was a trooper! Took a bit of time to get it out!
Morning boat ride!
The whole crew
:)
Mags!
Cozy boat ride
Fishing
:)
Maggie, Blake and Jacob
Magnatiles to the ceiling
Another lacrosse clinics at OSU- their lacrosse facility is super cool and fully dedicated to LAX
Last day of school!!! 4th, 2nd and 1st graders!
Last day of school bus lineup by age :)
Wyatt (5th grade), Logan (4th grade), Jacob (2nd grade), and our 4 First graders: Beckham, Juliet, Maggie, Devina
Bus stop!
First Day and Last Day!
Group run!
Cute bang trim!
Hot tub at Hocking hills with Grammy
BB gun
BB gun
We saw IF... it was cute
Cheese!
Glacier Ridge Park with Jackson in Dublin
Glacier Ridge obstacle course
Jacob made this for Logan months ago and I thought it was the sweetest......
Inside of the letter from Jacob to Logan
We went to the driving range and they had a kids club where, for $10 per kid for the entire summer, they can come and hit one small bucket of balls each day. You pay the $10 one time... a small bucket of balls is $7, so if you go just twice, you've made it worth it. We went 5 days in a row when we first got it, lol. We've just been one or two other times, due to being out of town. Logan really really loves it. Kiddos are all verrrrry beginner, but it's 'mostly' been fun. :)
We ran into former Governor John Kasich.... he offered to take a pic with us :)
Driving range
Run with Clare!
Natalia and Maggie at Orange Pool- they had so much fun. Maggie would go to the pool every day if she could and the boys never want to go.
Didn't see this movie, but this pic was too cute. We went to see Garfield. Thumbs down from me, but the kids liked it.
We took Gie to Garfield. Maggie showed her how to use the recliner theater seats. It was so cute!
Garfield movie with Jackson and Gie (I think Blake had a golf tournament)
Garfield!
Chariot! Uncle Paul, Logan and Jacob
Maggie and Estelle at Orange Pool- both girls did front flips off of the diving board!
Cuties!
Mags and Estelle
We are updating/changing the Front Room. Adding builtins and making it more comfy and cozy so that I enjoy using it for Bible study and reading. Kids can still play in it too.
Builtins almost done. I loooove the green color. I was planning to do white, but so so glad to have this color!
Carpet and love seat are in! I absolutely love the carpet. Mom and I spent an hour one day deciding on which carpet. It's so so soft and it's shorter so that legos don't get lost in it like it did the previous, longer carpet.
Logan and Jasper getting ice cream after summer robotics






































































































No comments:
Post a Comment