Tuesday, April 2, 2024

February 29-April 2, 2024

It's been a nice month. Last week was our Spring Break. We didn't have any big trip planned, but Justin, Logan and Jacob went to a small cabin for 2 nights during that first weekend. Maggie and I were excited about our girls' weekend. We watched Princess Diaries one night and Encanto the other night. I think everyone had a great time.

Kids are all doing well. Jacob and Maggie have been fighting pretty consistently for a while now. I want to work on helping them work through it. Maggie knows how to push his buttons. This is an area that I'm going to be actively working on and praying about. :)

I leave for Nepal on April 19 and will be gone from Friday to Saturday. A quick trip with Lifepoint. It will be sharing the Gospel in different villages. It will definitely stretch me, but I am looking forward to it.

Justin has been at Expeditors for TWENTY years!!! Wow! 

Logan finished his basketball season and has started lacrosse practices. All 3 kids will be playing tennis beginning on Thursday nights for a few weeks. Maggie will also play soccer this Spring.

My last day of my job is tomorrow. I have been an Academic Support Teacher at the kids' school. I have had 4 math groups and 4 reading groups each day that I'm there. I have been working Mondays and Wednesdays since October. I have really really loved it, but a big part of that is being in the same building as the kids. It is a contracted job that is hired year to year. As of right now, I think I would do it again next year, but I will be praying through that and see if that is where God wants me. It felt like a great fit for this past year. I will probably sub just a little bit these last 7ish weeks of school. The main negative to the job, was having to get the kids out the door by 8:05am, instead of the usual 8:40am bus stop. They come to school with me in the morning, but that's mostly been fine. :)

Anyway, we're all doing well.

I ran in to a high school friend, Sophie Halliday, at Rec Outlet. I hadn't seen her in years!

Marguerite's birthday- yoga and lift and hanging out after

I have been loving Tiffany's 1 hour yoga/lift combo class. This was for Marguerite's birthday, but I started going to Tiffany's class on Thursdays at 5:30am. It's sooooo good! It's in a room that is 105 degrees. So much sweat!

Cara has 3 boys, each boy got to take a friend for a fun overnight. So Carter picked Logan. They stayed in a hotel overnight and then went to a movie, a jump place and ice cream. Soooo much fun!

Swimming at the hotel pool

Girls weekend in New Buffalo, Michigan with college DG friends! Hadley, Christy, Emily, Jess, Kim.

Melt lift/yoga clas

Jacob and one of his many outfits

:)

Maggie and Penny

Quaker Steak and Lube

Pool House weekend with the Martins! So much fun!

Penny!

St. Patrick's Day! Green pancakes- this was when I was in Michigan

Green pancakes!

First weekend of Spring Break, we did boys and girls weekends. Justin and the boys went to a cabin about 2 hours away. Justin had been to this cabin last year when I had kids in Mississippi for the Run thru History. It's super small, no fridge, no shower. They had a BALL.

Hiking

Fun times

They played Trash, Liam and Crazy 8s.

Apparently one night Logan and Jacob woke up sweating soooo much.

Jacob and Logan

Hiking stick

They made the most of the cooler weather

:)

Cave!

:)

:)

:)

He sat like this while he ate his food

Cave near the cabin

They took firewood to make a fire in the cave!

So fun!

Kristin's 40th!

My boys:)

Lots of exploring

Steak and cheesy potatoes

Justin surprised the boys with a BB gun. They loved it!

Jacob and the BB gun- he loved it!

:)

:)

OSU v Georgia basketball game- OSU lost, but the energy seemed insane, even watching part of it at home.

OSU game

Coloring Easter eggs

Cuddles

Sleepy girl

Maggie holding a sign for a clap out for the High School gymnastics team

Maggie the Mermaid

Easter at Grammy and Pop Pop's (Lanna was there but had to leave)

Easter at Mimi and Bobby's

They were all getting along :)

Maggie in her happy place

:)

A Family Book Night... Jacob made a nest for the character in the book (Gooseberry Park- cute book)

Maggie made this for me.... made my heart swell.... 

:D

Double bunny ears

Girls weekend begins!

Waffle House for breakfast!

Maggie's first pedicure

Girls weekend!!

Missing teeth

Gie with us at Rec Outlet (indoor play area.... Logan was with Carter)

City BBQ

Legoland with Finneys

Logan loved trying to build a car to go down a few race tracks

Escalator just for fun

New zoo artwork in the tunnel


A quick trip to the zoo

Petting the sting rays is a must for Maggie

Maggie's new friend Athena.... hard to tell them apart from behind. Maggie is on the right.

Easter!

Easter!

Selfie


No comments:

Post a Comment