Saturday, November 11, 2023

September 27- November 10, 2023

October brings on several chances for the kids to wear their Halloween costumes. It took all of the kids a while to decide what they wanted to be this year, especially Logan.

Justin and the kids saw me on the Half Marathon course three times!! I was so shocked. I had told him that I'd love to see them once, and then they could head back home. They were spectating ninjas! Justin has had some practice :)

A fun, night with several groups of friends. A band called North to Nashville was playing at this tiny brewery about 20 minutes north of our house. Tickets were $5 and the band was great. It was a fun night! -Emily, Molly, Lauren and Jamie (the 4 of us, plus 5 other girls are going on a girls trip to Florida next weekend!)

A Halloween party at Gie's! (Logan wasn't feeling great bc he hurt his neck super badly). Gie's place always does the best stuff for parties. Princess Peach from Mario Bros, and a Ninja!

Halloween Camping at Jellystone. The Buckeyes were playing, so we watched that.

The Halloween Camping Crew!

Justin was Ace Ventura! I looooved the wig. He really sold the whole thing. :)

This is in the corrals, about 10 minutes or less before the Half started.

North to Nashville Night- Lauren, Emily, Erica, Kristin, Kate (running friends... all of us ran the half)

Girls Night with Lisa in town!! (Ashley, Barrett, Lisa, Katie, Emily, Ashley)

Molly and Vince hosted an epic party called Just Cuz! They had an acoustic guitar guy, Chris Logdon, with another singer. Suuuuper fun night!! (Nick, Ashley, Kreg, Katie, Brian, Barrett, Justin, Emily)

Penny didn't eat for over a day, so we took her to the vet. We still don't know what it was, but apparently nothing too serious. They did give her a shot to help in case she had an upset stomach. It took about a week for her appetite to return to normal.

One of lots of morning runs. Clare kept me company during some tough speed work. I was soooo grateful!!!

Maggie was ready for Aunt Molly's pool, haha! It was our last swim of the season.

Gie came to see one of Logan's flag football games. It was a great game. Logan had a great touchdown pass! And he also ran in a 2-pt conversion. Perfect weather too :)

Some 1/2 mile repeats.

Jacob got orange braces for Halloween and Thanksgiving :)

Justin practicing volleyball with the kids. Maggie has her first volleyball clinic tomorrow night. We want her to be a volleyball player down the road, because it's fun to watch lol.

Penny Pal!

Aunt Molly sent us a Halloween box of cookies and goodies! SO good!

Justin is always dressing up, but this time he put on his "thinking cap" for his math problem of the week. He's going to be on the math team (Logan too), like Logan did last year. 

Jacob said he wanted to make a stuffed animal, so I found this sloth at JoAnn fabric for $4 that you sew together. I ended up doing 80% of it, because it was tougher than expected.

This reel just cracked me up. Never thought about it.

I got a JOB.... TWO DAYS A WEEK! Haha, which is just perfect. I'm at the kids' school as an Academic Support Teacher. This was our very first morning. I work on Mondays and Wednesdays. Each day I have 4 small reading groups and 3 small math groups. It has been more involved than I was expecting, but really great!

I had to take a pic on my first day at the school for an introduction letter to parents.

Shopping with Gie.

I drove down with Sylvia and her friend, Mac for the half marathon. Much more traffic than we expected! 

Mom and Bill came to cheer me on!

Half Results- wanted sub 1:50, but my secondary goal was to beat my second fastest time of 1:54, so I'll take it.

Halloween Camping weekend in Pop Pop and Grammy's RV! The kids always love sleeping in this!

Jellystone Weekend! Maggie and Estelle

Magical Pumpking Hayride- Logan, Liam, Jacob

Magical Hayride

They plant a seed, say a little spell/poem to the seed, then we ride around, and when we come back, there is a pumpkin where the seed was!

Halloween Camping!

Cutie!

Cuties!

Dorothy and Princess Peach

Ace and the Cowardly Lion

They always think that Trick-or-Treating is a race

Double the Cheer Bear!

:)

Camping!

Trunk-or-treat at our school- Jacob and Luke

They loved all of the ooey-gooey stuff! (Last year it was super cold outside, so their hands were freezing.... they were expecting the same this year, but it was room temp- nice surprise!)

Favorite hand-me-downs from Blake!

Maggie asked if I would bring her lunch to school, so we did a few Fridays ago. It was really fun!

Gie's party had cute desserts

This sweet lady at Gie's was so excited to have another ninja

And it's fiiiinally actual Halloween night!

Halloween Night!

This made me laugh!

While Mom and Bill were in Vietnam and Thailand for 3 weeks, we got to use their tickets. We really loved it!! (They get back tomorrow!)

Slumber Party with Blake and Jackson for the Just Cuz Party night. Morning after magnatile tower!

Justin's work Holiday party! It was the first time it was dressy in over a decade. It was fun to get all dressed up!

Another pic...

You never know what he will come down wearing

Granddaddy Buddy was in town before his pheasant hunting trip in SD.

J-Bake

:)

Went Shopping with Gie- cute new outfit

She insisted I get something, which made me feel like she was feeling like her usual stuff. It was fun for me to try on several tops for her. :)

Highbanks Park- we got some KFC and took it to the park for a picnic

Logan's flag football game

Jason Aldean concert- this was my birthday present from Justin. Jason was so good!! He ended earlier than we thought he would though.

Jacob did his jack-o-lantern completely on his own. I loved the crooked tooth.
Maggie requested a cat, found the stencil, which ended up being to big for her pumpkin, but Justin free-handed it. Wow!
Logan saw a picture of the ghost idea and then freehanded as well! He did his completely on his own too!

Just Cuz party! Woo!! I did the tambourine for a song

Just Cuz!

This pic kind of shows the sparkles on my dress :)

Lisa was in town! Ella Grace, Logan, Hannah, Jacob, Reagan, Maggie- we lined them up by age, Hannah and Jacob have the exact same birthday.

Addie, me and Qing at the work party

Justin, me, Addie and Kyle

Just Cuz! - Lauren, Emily, Michelle, Lindsey and Molly

Half Marathon Finish!!!

After the race, we went straight to brunch.... this was the best part of the day, haha!

Jacob's buddy, Theo, had a birthday party. Logan is friends with Theo's brother, so he came.


No comments:

Post a Comment