Whew- I just finished this blog I included a looot of details and pictures so scroll quickly! Hehe
I really wish that these pictures were in order.
Jacob was invited to a friend's birthday party from his Kindergarten class. He was looking forward to Maddox's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. It was the sweetest thing. He had a wonderful time at the party. I don't know exactly what it was, but the combination of him making friends at school and how he looked forward to it so much, really pulled at my mama-heartstrings.
We had such a nice Thanksgiving with both sides of family. The day after Thanksgiving, we went to Disney World. We really had such a ball. (It's amazing that when you spend a lot of money, you have a blast! lol. ;)) We were shocked by how many roller coasters we were able to ride. The kids were more adventurous than we expected! Below are the details of each day at Disney (feel free to skip... I think I'll enjoy reminiscing about all of these details later):
Friday (arrival day): Arrived around noon. Couldn't check in, so we took Monorail around and stopped at the Grand Floridian. I felt a bit like we were wandering around aimlessly. It was decorated beautifully for Christmas. We ate at 3:30pm at Chef Mickeys and got to see the characters. This was the perfect kick-off to our trip. We then went to Disney Springs, which is like an outdoor shopping area (kind of like Easton, but all walking). The kids rode a carousel that was so picturesque. We saw a pretty ornaments. Justin told me it was $100. I thought he was joking... he wasn't! There was a restaurant (maybe Rainforest Cafe) that had "shooting fire" coming out of it. (I just asked Maggie what else we saw/did at Disney Springs and that is what Maggie said. It was a fake volcano that was really cool.
Dumbo- we were all amped up and excited. It was fun!
Barnstormer- Goofy Goodini 2x- this was a "starter" rollercoaster and the kids LOVED it!
Magic Phillar-a Donald missing hat show- this was the kids first 3D experience. It was so much fun to watch them reaching out in front of them trying to touch the objects.
Carousel- the kids wanted to ride (I would have skipped it since we can do this other places, but to their credit it was the biggest carousel I have ever ridden.)
It’s a Small World- we had to do the classic!
Little Mermaid under the Sea- super cool
Haunted Mansion- Justin was excited for this one!
Monster’s Inc Laughing Floor- cute show
Lunch at Tony’s- Maggie laid down on the bench, but finally ate.
We were whooped after our 1:30pm lunch. So we went back to the hotel and rested for a bit. Then we went to the pool from 4-5:30pm. The kids LOVED the slide and the pool.
Sunday (Day 2 at the parks- Hollywood Studios):
For this day and the remaining days, we bought the Lightning Lanes and Genie Plus to skip most lines. Justin was navigator-extraordinaire to help coordinate as we went along each day.
Smugglers Run (Star Wars)- such a cool simulator ride. We loved it!!
Star Tours- cool 3D ride
Beauty and the Beast Show- it was a 25 minute performance. I enjoyed it!
Muppets Vision 3D- Another fun show!
We went back to the hotel for a rest, plus our ticket times for th rides was at 4:30pm at later.
Rise of the Resistance- this is THE ride, and we were blessed to not to have to wait and for it. The day after we rode it, it was closed for the majority of the day. It was so well done and there were several different stages of the ride. When we walked out of a "spacecraft" and there were a bunch of Storm troopers there, it was out of this world. ;) Really, super super cool.
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway- this was one of my favorite rides. So so cute and fun!
Toy Story Mania- a fun ride that was interactive where we shot at 3D objects
Monday (Day 3 at the parks- Magic Kingdom):
Breakfast at Cape May- we thought it was going to be a character breakfast, so I was very disappointed. Luckily the kids weren't too disappointed.
Barnstormer- This is the Goofy ride again!
Big Thunder Mountain- a bigger roller coaster and they all loved it
Magic Carpet Ride- a dumbo-like ride
Pirates of the Caribbean- fun pirate ride with a small dark part that had a little drop during it!
Swiss Family Tree house- a cool walk-through tree house. Logan wasn't a fan of the heights
Seven Dwarves Mine Ride- great roller coaster
Space Mountain- Jacob and I rode it, and then Justin and Logan. I couldn't believe we ended up doing this with the boys! Jacob loved it. I think Logan loved it too, but was a bit more nervous.
Back to swim at Resort
Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table- my favorite food of the trip. I teared up when we saw Cinderella, lol!!
Big Thunder Mountain- we all enjoyed it more this second time since we knew what to expect!
Jungle Cruise- funny little cruise
Carousel of Progress- educational 20 minute show (a bit boring, but still interesting)
Buzz Lightyear - a laser shooter ride. Logan had a hard time shooting the laser, so this was his least favorite.
Tuesday (Day 4 at the parks- Animal Kingdom and Epcot):
A Bug’s Life- great, slightly intense show.
Dinosaur- bumpy ride in the dark and a bit intense. This was the only ride that Maggie said she didn't like.
Triceratops spin ride- another like-dumbo ride
Boneyard playground- a great break to run around and play
Snack- muffin, pretzels and hot chocolate- perfect time to relax
Gorilla Falls trail- short walk around to see animals
Lion King Show- great show
Feathered Friends in Flight- this was a trip highlight. The whole thing was so cute, way cooler than I could have expected a "bird show" to be.
Avatar- Flight of Passage- another trip highlight. Probably our favorite ride. I was a bit nervous on what the ride would be like. You had to be 44 inches tall and Maggie was juuuust tall enough. But it was incredible. It was a 4D simulator type thing that made you feel like you were riding a dragon. We got sprayed with a bit of water and there were smells too.
Lunch at pizzari- yummy with a cool cupcake, pictured later.
Uber to Epcot
Spaceship to Earth- a little "eh"
Walk around the World- saw dancing lion in China, looked for Olaf in each country. We had a grand old time wandering around.
Dinner at Coral Reef- loved eating by the aquarium.
Squeezed in one last Nemo Ride and then a surprise aquarium at the end where we saw some really cool fish and creatures.
Monorail back to our room.
We got see Fireworks from our room at 8pm every night. We all loved that.
No comments:
Post a Comment