Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Jacob's 4th Birthday! (Logan 5, Maggie 2)

It was a doozy getting the pictures uploaded. Justin helped out and it took him over an hour. Soooo, I think we'll be getting a new computer soon. Aaaaanyway, as always, this summer has been packed with some fun! It's been hard to find a rhythm with going out of town, but it's been fun stuff.

Jacob didn't get that his birthday was the whole day. On Saturday (the day before his birthday), I said "Do you know what tomorrow is?" and he would respond, "Chuck E. Cheese!" On Sunday morning on his birthday, he wasn't sure if he was 4 yet. It's cute to see them learn all of that stuff. He says, "door" instead of "four". We're still working on that "f" sound.

This was a cute little thing each of the kids said. We were driving back from "school" today and I made a little activity (the kids like to call it a learning center) for each of the kids to do when we got home. I don't do this too often, but I wanted them to each have something to do while I finished making dinner. I felt like Logan and Jacob's comments somewhat summed up their personalities. Logan said, "make my learning center super hard!" and Jacob said, "make my learning center super easy!" Hahaha.

Fish tank update: Rosie is an original fish from March 1, 2018. She's still going strong. Then, we have Black Puzzle and Orange Tail who have been in the family (haha) for a few months. We've also had Siphon (a sucker fish) for a little longer than that. Well, I haven't been able to find Siphon for a few days, and this morning I went on the hunt for him (took out decorations, emptied the water filter, moved around some rocks, etc.). I can't find the little guy. I seriously don't know where the heck he is or what happened to him. Sooooo, yeah. That's that. I officially feel like a bad fish owner- it's one thing to have your fish die on you, it's another to not know where they went! Lol.

These pics are WAAAY scattered and out of order.

On our Lake Erie Beach trip with the Martin's we went to Ghostly Manor. The kids played on an indoor play area and several bouncy obstacle course type things. They loved it! It was a nice change of pace from all of the beach time.

Lake Erie time. Justin fished at this spot a few times ago. Our house was nice because we had the tiny beach across the street and then the bay view from our backyard.

Jacob's 4th birthday was at Chuck E. Cheese!

Maggie, Caleb and Jacob at Chuck E. Cheese. Maggie loved using her little card to start the rides. Don't give that girl a credit card! She was the first kid to run out of her 30 game limit, haha.

Heading in to Cedar Point during our Lake Erie trip. We had a fun time at Cedar Point. 

Logan and I rode on this ride with Matt and Liam. It was the very first ride of the day. It ended up being too scary for him. I almost thought he was going to completely freak out, but he hung in there okay.

Shale Hollow. We did this on a Friday when Maggie was at school.

Cedar Point!!

Justin made fires on the beach for us. The beach was pretty rocky, but we made it work. (Water was 36 inches higher than usual due to all of the rain.)

The Martins got Jacob this giant island toy for his birthday. 

Cuties

In our backyard at Lake Erie.

This was on the Finneys boat without our kids. It was part 1 of our anniversary date. Janey watched the kiddos for us while we went on the boat for a bit and then went out to dinner and a movie.

Lake Erie

Mimi's 68th birthday!

Jacob!

Maggie and Missi

Waiting for the Train at Cedar Point

A Pool Friday (without Maggie). We have done this 3 times and it has been so much fun!! The boys have been swimming SO much more this summer than last.

Lake Erie. Watching Daddy get ready to fish

Jacob's birthday. I was laughing.... they had a Chuck E. Cheese "show" and just barreled on through singing happy birthday. I don't know why, but it made me laugh.

Martin brought a screen to watch a movie in the backyard at Lake Erie. We watched some Shark movie.

Maggie and Estelle

Birthday!

Logan and Mags

Maggie, Caleb and Jacob

Getting ready for the "show" at Chuck E. Cheese

Another pool day! Logan likes the pizza and Jacob got a slushy.

Lake Erie

Hanging by the bay

J-Bake!!

Mimi and Bobby at Jacob's party

Jacob got a scooter from us for his birthday

A candid shot

Back at home

A quick visit to see Gie (Jacob didn't want to get in the only picture I took with Gie)

Cedar Point

Lisa and I rode the Raptor (we're on the left) after Justin and Matt rode it.There is a parent pass, so that only one person has to wait in line. Then, you meet them at the exit to skip the line.

Water balloons on the beach

Jacob's first time playing tee ball!!! He's on the same team as his best buddy, Caleb.  They have had 2 games so far and I'm so glad that they are on the same team. They are having a lot of fun together.

Lisa was doing a workout  in the backyard and Maggie joined her. (I got two runs in while we were there, including an 8 mile run on July 4. I don't like to run alone because it's boring, so I was proud of myself.)

I took this pic from the top deck. Justin was fishing.

Corn on the cob. The boys love it.

Jacob opening his present.

At an obstacle course near downtown with Haoli (my conversation partner from China)

Taco Night with some of my running friends

Obstacle course!

Justin caught a fish! (I think he caught 3 total)

Fun with Haoli

Beach fire!

Cedar Point with the Martins

The ship ride! Eek!

The Ice Cream truck came by!!

Bubbles

Haoli and Maggie

Maggie and Daddy

Chuck E. Cheese

After my 8 mile run!

Logan and Harper

Jacob and his Big Wheel

Gie sent this toy in the mail

Pool time!

We've been reading a lot. There is a summer reading challenge at our library. You get a prize after 6 hours and 12 hours of reading. It ends at the end of July. The kids have almost made it to 6 hours.

Bouncy Slide

Estelle was such a big swimmer, that I think it helped Maggie get out there more and more.

Jacob got Batman legos for his birthday

Ticket Blaster! Jacob got to do this for his birthday.

Boxes are more fun than presents sometimes.

All of our kids are playing happily! This didn't happen a ton, so had to appreciate it.

Candid

Logie

Jacob at tee ball!!

Morgan and Madeline!

Haoli and Maggie

Chuck E. Cheese

Chuck!

I was looking back on pics for Jacob's birthday. This is one of my all-time favorite moments from Jacob and Logan.... Logan brought Jacob this ball because he thought he would like it. I think Jacob is 3 days old. It was Jacob's first day at home. Logan is 19 months old. Soooo sweet.

Jacob rode a roller coaster for kids (Logan wouldn't ride it.... especially after the ship ride). This coaster was a little bigger than I expected. At the end, Jacob calmly said, "That was toooo fast." Hahaha. It definitely was. 

Jacob on his new scooter!!

Bumper cars with Daddy!

Haoli brought me some dumlings in milk and seaweed. I wasn't a big fan.

Maggie having a luau party at school.

Train ride!!!

Molly and her friend, Lindsey, from Alabama. They popped over before heading out for the night.

Floating fun

Annual pic on this bench at Quaker Steak and Lube with the kiddos in order of age. Maggie 2, Estelle 3, Jacob (almost 4 in pic), Logan 5, Liam 6

Jacob!

Estelle and Maggie

Justin and Martin played lots of activities.... frisbee and skip ball in the lake. Badminton, paddle ball and probably something else that I'm forgetting.

Jacob got the medal for the week!

Mags

We ate at Mellow Mushroom and found the Hulk

and Brutus!

Backyard fun

We were packed up and ready to head to Lake Erie

Tee ball at the Lake

:)

Badminton

:)

Justin caught a few fish

Adults floating = kids must be napping

Movie time!

Ice cream!

They hadn't played badminton, but ended up loving it.

:)

Adam and Stella

A quick trip to the farm

Uncle Paul took Logan, Jacob and Maggie on a big tractor ride

Here they come!

Freshly painted tank

A quick ride around

New kennel

:)

Standard pic in front of the office :)

No comments:

Post a Comment