Friday, April 19, 2019

Logan 5, Jacob 3, Maggie 2

We've had a nice month......

St. Patrick's Day! Green waffles and green milk for lunch.

They wanted to pile on Mama!

March 17! Late snow.

Jacob.... I mean, Batman!

Early Easter Celebration at Grammy and Pop Pop's

3 Billy Goat Gruffs

Uganda Team Reunion... it was so nice hearing more about Justin's trip

Date night for my birthday! We went to Hudson 29. Justin had the Sea Bass, which he LOVED. I had the Ribs, which is also loved, haha! I loved them too!

April 7!

Family Birthday Dinner!

This is 35!

Best big brother.... they like playing horsey

Easter Egg Hunt at the Fire Station!

My first Indoor Tri!! I had done ZERO swimming practice or biking. It was 10 minutes in a pool, 30 minutes on a stationary bike and 20 minutes on the treadmill. It was so. much. fun. Such a fun and new challenge that didn't require extra prep work if you didn't want to.

We just finished the swim and about to do the bike. I am beyond grateful for this group of encouraging women who challenge me to try new things and to stay fit. One of the main reasons I run is because I always want to be able to keep up with our kids. Staying in shape has become the by-product of just wanting to hang out with these friends. 80% of why I run now is for the social time with adults and 20% is that it keeps me in shape, haha. I like the chit chat time.

Bike time!

Treadmill!

The treadmill was crazy-tough because I was trying to not go below 8 mph... that was tough for 20 min. Phew!

Family Dinner!

At the Finneys!

Kindergarten Registration! This guy is so ready and he is very excited for Kindergarten!

Emmy and Logan

Zoo on a chilly day!

The kids enjoy the statues as much as the animals, haha.

Newer playground at the zoo. I think we went to the zoo 3 or 4 times in the last month.

Logan took this pic.

He LOVES puzzles. He put this one together in about 10 minutes.

A teacher at school did Maggie's hair in pig tails. She looks so old (and a tad silly to me) in this pic.

We went to the zoo with a big group of friends... 6 moms and we had 16 kids.

The moms at the zoo. :-) Me, Ashley S, Katie S, Barrett, Katie K, Ashley M

Trying to get Maggie in the pic, haha!

"Healthy" ice cream. I have gotten on a semi-healthier eating kick. I top this with a crumbled up oreo and a little chocolate syrup, so it kind of defeats the purpose. But these were pretty decent! (They are expensive, so definitely a special treat.... I think $4.50/pint)

Easter Egg Hunt at Grammy and Pop Pop's!

A little windy and cold for the egg hunt

Egg hunt!

Egg hunt!

Early Easter Celebration... played Sequence.

Game time!

Game time!

Maggie and Jack McGraw (and baby Chase in that carrier)

Cowboys!

14 mile run... I hadn't ran more than 10 miles since the Marathon in October. I was very glad to get in this long run. Felt good.

Sunny day!

Gie sent me this shirt for my birthday. I love it!

We took down the baby swing and put up the trapeze bar... Logan's been having fun with it.

On the rowers at Orange Theory... 5am class with a bunch of my MRTT girls.

Maggie with 2 sweet neighbors. They let her ride in the middle back and forth for about 15 minutes. Was so sweet.

Healthy breakfast cookies. I had to add honey butter to make them taste decent.... so again, it kind of defeats the point!

Logan wanted to see if the lions would be out.... the zoo says the Africa exhibit isn't open until Mid-May, but we got lucky and they had part of it open! There were very few people back there!

At the zoo... they got to hangout in this airplane in the Africa exhibit for a while. Usually there is a line for this and they only get a minute in here.

Touring the statues!

Statues are more fun than looking at animals on some days. ;)

Dying Easter eggs

Easter egg time!

I made Bark for Lifegroup.... it was SO yummy! Got the recipe from Mom.

Chocolate PB protein balls. These were healthy and yummy!!

Shrimp with zucchini noodles... I had to buy a spiralizer. I've made zucchini 3 times now. This was a very yummy meal!


Easter Egg Hunt at the Fire Station with Jacob's best buddy, Caleb! Caleb and his family came over that evening for dinner and to hang out, and Caleb and Jacob play together SO well. Jacob is SO happy and having the best time when Caleb is over. It's so cute.

Maggie and I in our Birkenstock's from Gie!

Maggie girl

The BEST wings!!! Justin did these in the smoker and they were sooo delicious. His best thing he's made in the smoker. I can't wait to have them again soon!!


Ohhhh Mags. She is a handful. She gets her way a lot... too much. We are working on her not getting her way with everything. But oh, she can be so sweet and gives the best, tightest hugs and she always loves cuddles. I love this pic... shows the messy hair and sweet smile.


Logan asked for me to take their picture. Too cute.

So cool.

Dying MORE Easter eggs!

Finished product! And all 3 kids are smiling and looking at the camera! Win!!

We went to a different Nature Center and learned about worms. 

Then, we tried out a new playground!

I spy Jacob!

Justin made this gif gab of his team that went to Uganda. Too funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment