Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Maggie 17 months old, Jacob's last month as a 2 year old, Logan 4.5

Whew-ee! I totally forgot about the blog until today! Usually I somehow think of it right around the 15th of the month. Anyway, here we are!

Kiddos have been driving me a little bonkers for the last week or so; since we got home from Norris Lake. Usually we have one or two days after a vacation, with getting back in the rhythm, but they just keep on truckin'! It's like they tag each other in.... you're it.... you're turn to drive Mama nuts!! Anyway, hopefully we get in some sort of groove soon (although we leave for Mississippi this Friday, but it's a quick trip).

Besides fussy kids and my low patience, we are doing very well! On the "zoomed-out-perspective" we are having a great summer, exploring new parks, playing with friends, and having fun together. I can't take the kids to the pool by myself, which bugs me and I've been feeling kind of antsy about it, so I finally took the plunge and signed the boys up for swimming lessons. I know it won't help anything immediately, but I feel like I am making steps forward so that next summer we can go to the pool a little bit (with floaties on of course). I'm glad I'm taking action. And the boys seem to like it and are proud of themselves. They had one lesson before Norris Lake and Logan saw Justin loading their floaties in the car for Norris Lake and Logan said, "why are you packing those? We don't need them... we learned how to swim in our class." Haha!

We had a really great trip to Norris Lake. I think that with the kids' ages, I had such low expectations, such as maybe Maggie will hate the boat and Maggie and Jacob will hate getting in the water, etc., that it turned out to be so much more fun (and manageable!) than I expected! So that was super great. We had such a great time! All 3 kids LOVED swimming in the water. It was fun to be with family too! Right when we got home from driving all day from our trip, Jacob said, "where is everybody?" Haha. He had gotten used to the big crew.

I'm really enjoying my summer bible study with my women's group. It's called Experiencing God. Some of the main points are: God is always at work around you. Look around and join Him. God is more concerned about our relationship with Him than what we can accomplish for Him (the closer we get to Him, the more He will be able to use us and it won't feel like "work," it will just happen). Also, faith require action (which includes adjustments and obedience). That's just a little taste. :-)

Justin and I have both been sticking to eating a little bit healthier. Nothing crazy, but a few salads here and there. It's been a good and doable change. Kids have been eating a TINY bit more variety. Baby steps, right?!

The training for my marathon is underway and going well. Tomorrow will complete week 2. I have an 8 mile run planned for tomorrow. I am meeting a few girls at 4:45am. Usually I am going to try and do long runs on Fridays, but we are heading out of town, so I want to get it done tomorrow. Yesterday we did 5 miles at a little bit slower of a pace and it was such a nice change! It was an easy run, and I loved it! :-)

A few weeks ago, the 5 of us were sitting at the table for dinner and I asked who wanted to pray, me or Justin.... and Logan said, "I do." We were like, okay great. I thought he might say our usual nightly prayer. But no.... he said the most beautiful prayer I've ever heard. Hearing those sweet, sincere words come out of Logan's mouth made my heart so happy. It was so cool and so encouraging to hear this little 4 year old thank God for a bunch of different things and just talk to Him. Justin and I both just looked at each other after he prayed. It really was a beautiful moment. I had been thinking that I want to try and sit at the table once a week for dinner, instead of at the counter. For some reason, there is something that happens when we sit at the table: more intentional conversation, feeling less rushed and more quality time.

(Pics are kind of out of order again.)


Coloring

Basketball with my dude!

Exploring a new park- Flint Road Park

Goof balls

Mama and Maggie!

Tee ball, Logan is #9

Last game of the season

Logan's first trophy!!

New splash pad for this summer!

5am run.... daylight!

:-)

Happy hour with my running girls

Happy hour with running friends!

A new park! Hard Road Park


Shopping with Maggie at Old Navy and she finds a fake dog.

First time riding his bike!!! LOGAN LEARNED TO RIDE HIS BIKE! He is awesome at it and loves to ride!

Memorial Day Party at our house!!

Maggie!

Emery and Maggie

:)

Jacob did not want to take a pic, but glad to get one of all 5 of us.

Popsicle!

:)

Cheese!

Home Depot- making a car

Dinner outside so we can keep playing in the water!

Summer livin'

Free kids concert on a Monday

Maggie meeting Nikol's new puppy

Maggie then got to see Missi right after seeing Nikol's dogs.

Trying to do this.

Soccer camp for Logan! (4 Thursdays in June... tomorrow is his last class.)

Boo boo on his chin. He took a pretty legit fall off of his bike because I didn't want him going in the neighbor's grass and he made a sharp turn!

Time-out!

While the boys were at school on a Friday, I was able to take Maggie to the pool!

Big girl!

Pool time with my girl!

This kid, haha!

:)

We went to the zoo for the first time in a long time. Jacob and Maggie touched this snake... Logan didn't want to.

Mama, look at this!! I heard that about 50 times.

The boys said they wanted to see snakes and alligators, so we went to the reptile building. On ourn drive there, I was thinking, "Snoozefest" going to the reptile building, but we had the best time at the zoo!! The boys were SOO in to each and every window and trying to find what was in there. It was awesome!! (Plus we went on a Saturday while Justin was golfing, and I was thinking it would be less crowded in the reptile building than in our awesome "Africa" area, and we can go there during the week some time.)

Sea turtles!

Cuties!

Impromptu hangout with the Aults and Finneys

The aquarium

Our neighbor's (Ethan's) first birthday party.

OSU themed party

Waiting for the carousel at the zoo

:)

Seeing Grandma Bev

:)

Grammy and Maggie at Uncle Jesse and Aunt Mel's house

Our little cheerleader!

The pigtails!

:)

After the OSU birthday party

Bouncy house was a hit!

Horses

Lambs

Checking out all of the animals at Uncle Jesse and Aunt Mel's house!

:)

The kids loved all of the animals

Logan and Grandma Bev

Piggy

Baby turkey

Baby turkey

Chickens!

Logan and Ellie

:)

Lanna, Maggie and Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment