I am starting to picture what it will be like to have a third kiddo around, and most of the time, I feel like it's going to be one big circus, haha. I am excited for those newborn cuddles, and slowing down our pace, for at least the first few days she is born. When I was about a month away from having Jacob, I kept being sad about losing my special "Logan time." Of course, it all works itself out, and I still have plenty of special time, with each of my boys. A big part of that is because I am able to stay at home with them, which I am so so grateful for. It was just yesterday that I started thinking about Maggie's arrival and wanting to make sure I have special time with the boys. I know Justin will be really taking the lead with the boys that first week that Maggie is here because I will be busy feeding her, etc, but I just told him that I still need my cuddle time with the boys each day.
Our basement is continuing to move along and we are loving how it is all coming together. It should be finished around December 17. We have been furniture shopping and getting organized, so that we can have it somewhat settled in by Christmas and Maggie getting here. We are so excited about it! I feel like I can't really picture being able to use that space. We still haven't started getting the nursery ready, but I have been buying bedding, curtains, etc. Maybe we can get that going this weekend.
Logan and Jacob are doing great. They are such sweet boys and are really playing together more and more. It's so darn cute, most of the time. Yesterday, Logan kicked Jacob for no reason (yikes!) so they aren't always sweet!
Logan loved dressing up for Halloween! He got to wear his cowboy outfit 5 times for different costume parties. When we got to school for his Halloween party, he said, "I need my cowboy hat." I know it seems so small, but I just love the innocence of childhood. I was double checking my calendar to make sure I had the right day for his party, so that he didn't show up as a cowboy on a non-costume day, and all he wanted, was to make sure his costume was complete with his cowboy hat.
A few weeks ago, Logan walks outside at nighttime and says, "Hey, that moon missing another piece." It was a half moon. Haha.
Logan and I were sitting on the couch together and I said, "I'm going to switch the wash (to the dryer)," and Logan said, "No, more cuddles." Omg-- be still my heart-- yes, more cuddles, little one, always more cuddles.
Logan said to Jacob after bringing him the bin of baby toys, "I brought you those toys. You like them?"
Logan has only woken up in the middle of the night once in the last few weeks, so I think we are almost done with whatever that little spell was last month of nightmares.
I was asking Logan's teacher about how he was at school, and she said that him and one other guy are the most quiet kids in the class. There are about 14 kids total. She said that he will talk to her if she asks him a specific question, but he never goes up to her and starts talking. She said that all of the kids were supposed to have a few minutes of quiet time and "read" and Logan was the only one sitting down with his book, and that he seemed to be looking around at the other kids like, "what are y'all doing?" haha. It's funny how different he can be at school from at home. I notice, that after school, in the evenings, he seems to be extra chatty... probably because he's been more quiet at school than he usually is at home. He's still going to school on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Jacob has been teething this last week, and has woken up about 5 times during the night in the last two weeks, but I think he is finally getting over that. We took him to the doctor, just to make sure it wasn't an ear infection, and it wasn't. Jacob is such a happy little guy, but the last week or so, he just hasn't been totally himself with the teething. Besides that, he's doing great. He loves to read. That is probably his favorite activity.
Justin's work is staying pretty darn busy. It's been a super busy 3 months or so. Luckily, they hired another person for their team who started this week and they also have another guy, who will help them out each day from 4-6pm. I am grateful for these additions, to take some of the weight of off Justin's shoulders. He has been working so hard and could use a little relief it seems.
I am 34 weeks pregnant, so about 6 weeks left. This pregnancy has definitely been the hardest, but all in all, I have had great, easy pregnancies. I just get worn down quickly the last few weeks. If I push it too much, I really feel lousy by the end of the day. As Justin says, I've been pregnant the last 3 years, I'm probably just tired of it, haha. I don't want to rush through life though, wishing for Maggie to be here. There is something special about being able to feel her kick in my belly, and this is the last baby for us, so I want to try and enjoy it all as much as possible.
This past weekend, Justin, Logan, Jacob and I flew to Mississippi to see my grandparents and Paul and his family. It was a really nice weekend, and I am so grateful for being able to go down there and see them, especially since we won't be going during Christmas because I will be due any day.
A mini "parade" walking around the neighborhood :)
A big crew in the tree house
Harper and Logan getting traced
Corn Pit
Logan and Jacob at a green house with different fall activities to do, they had a great time!
:)
The grocery store isn't so speedy with these two :)
Logan was so excited for the pony ride
Little brother is on the pony too!
Hayride time!
Mama and Logan
Carving a pumpkin
Our sweet babysitter (and my former student), Myriah and the boys
Myriah sent us this pic while we were on a date night
Myriah took this one too :)
Justin and Tommie organized a guys' day trip to go see the Browns v. Bengals
A cowboy and a princess.... Logan and Harper at Trunk or Treat at our church
The boys at Pee Wee playtime at the Westerville Rec Center
Climbing trees at parks now
This kid = JOY
Eating cereal (instead of oatmeal) some mornings... he loves looking at the back of the box.
Painting at library story time
This pic was taken at school
Cowboy Up! .... our neighborhood Halloween party
The kids at our neighborhood Halloween party
Daddy and Logan
Mimi and Jacob
Bobby and Jacob
Mimi and Bobby and their grandsons
Some of our neighbors trick-or-treating :-)
Last picnic of the season!
Logan and Jacob
Post-nap TV time
My little helper :-)
A little Lion Guard before bed sometimes
"Mama, come look! We made a mess!" ... he's always so proud!
Playing in the leaves at Aunt Molly and Uncle Vince's
Granddaddy Buddy is in town!!!
Granddaddy Buddy and Jacob
All 3 of my guys <3
Decorating his turkey for school. He loved gluing on the puffy gum balls.
Early morning selfie!
Baseball time!
Someone climbed in my seat and had there first sip of Diet Coke!! Whoops!
Flying to MS! The boys had their best flights on the way down. The way back was okay, we were just all worn out, and we were on the plane during afternoon naps (instead of driving in the car, where they are more likely to take a nap).
Riding in side-by-side at Gie and John's
Gie and John and 2/3 of their great grandkids
:)
Sleepy boys
Flight home
Super Dad at the airport!
Loving their new table (this will go in the basement once it's done)
Happy Birthday Bobby!
Logan randomly said that we needed party hats. Good idea, bud!
This was today at Home Depot.... sometimes you just need to rest.
The boys first time to Doe's!
Flight to MS
Cuties :)
Sandwich time!
:)
Loving their new table!
This picture just cracks me up.... Logan was so excited to carve his pumpkin with Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment