Logan seemed to be teething or something for about a week because he lost his appetite (hardly ate for about 3 days and was pretty grumpy at times), but right before his birthday he seemed to get better, so I am glad for that!
Jacob is just as much of a cutie as ever. He is SO darn smiley and overall a very happy baby. We've hit a little bit of a rough patch in regards to his sleeping at night. He is waking up because he can roll on his belly now, but many times his arm gets stuck under him and he doesn't like that, especially since he sucks his 2 fingers. So I am still trying to figure out the balance of whether to go into his room and flip him back over on his back, or to let him cry, or when to feed him.
Logie likes to pretend to be asleep! It just cracks us up, especially because he has the funniest snore/noise he makes while he's pretending.
Most days, both boys lay on our bed and watch a TV show (Curious George or Mickey) while I shower and get ready. Logan is up against the headboard and Jacob is further down towards the foot of the bed (since he can't sit up yet on his own). A few weeks ago, I look out at them (from the bathroom) and Logan has crawled over to Jacob and has his arm over his stomach. I instantly thought, "Be still my heart." It was just one of those sweet moments in life that I will treasure. Sometimes we instigate Logan to be nice to Jacob... "Logan do you want to give a kiss to Jacob? .... Aww, so sweet." But this was Logan just being so kind to his baby brother all on his own and my heart swelled. Logan actually did it again this morning... I look over on the bed and Logan is rubbing Jacob's stomach :-)
We had Jacob and Logan get a picture with Santa and Logan screamed in sheer terror. He would not go near Santa, so they had a little rocking reindeer that we plopped him on, long enough for a quick picture. Well, since that picture, we have been at the mall twice and both times when we have gone by where Santa is, Logan has SCREAMED! One time he hopped out of the stroller and screamed... and Santa wasn't even there at that moment, lol. So, Logan's not fan yet.
We have had a crazy warm December. It's been in the upper 60s. We even turned on the AC on Logan's birthday!! It was the perfect year for him to get a ride-on tractor so that he could play with it a little before Spring.
I ran a 15K (9.3 miles) on November 15. I actually felt ready for the race and did better than I expected. It felt so good to make a goal and make it!! I also got just below my pre-pregnancy weight just before we left for Grand Cayman, which was a goal too. Woo!
Justin and I went to Grand Cayman for Christy Ford (best friend from college) and Dan Saavedra's wedding November 19-24. We had an absolute blast!! It was amazing that we were able to get away for 6 whole days with 2 kiddos under 2. Big shout out to our parents for watching them!!! We got a lot of relaxing time in at the beach. We also went on a sunset catamaran cruise, swam with sting rays and rented jet skis. I was so scared of the sting rays, I couldn't believe how scared I was! There was a photographer in the water, and when it was my turn to hold the stingray, I just kept yelling, "I don't want a picture!!!" Justin got a good laugh! I think I ran 4 times while we were there. It was nice to have the time to run and not have to coordinate running during naps times, etc. :-)
I am still LOVING staying at home. I have continued to run with some girls from the running Facebook group that I joined. I also joined MOMS club about a month ago and have been going to Wednesday morning play dates with that, which has been really nice.
Justin still works at Expeditors and likes it enough, I suppose :-) The last couple of days, I haven't felt super great and Justin was super dad! But he really is always super dad. It sounds cheesy, but it's true.
We are gearing up for Christmas now and are excited to see everyone.... especially everyone in Mississippi that we don't get to see too often!
Logan and Jacob
Story time
Relaxing at the beach in Grand Cayman!!
Beautiful water!
Rum punch after snorkeling
Beautiful weather
Grand Cayman sunset
Em, Justin, Bert and Kim (she's 4 months pregnant!)
Welcome BBQ on the beach
Wish lanterns!!
Wedding time!
Christy and Dan tie the knot!
Kiss the bride!
Sunset wedding
Em, Jess, Christine, Margo, Kim
Me and my guy :-)
Jess, Kim, Em, Christy, Margo, Christine
DGs represent... Anchors away!
Sunset catamaran cruise
Fun drink!
Margo, Jess, Em
Logie lining up all of his balls....
Serious business...
He likes his line of balls :-)
Morgan and Jacob at Thanksgiving!
Madeline pushing Logan
Madeline feeding Logan sweet potato pie. He loved it! Ate 2 pieces!
Jacob and Madeline
1st time seeing the Christmas tree! (this year)
Ellie, Julie, Jacob, Lanna, Colton, Logan at Thanksgiving
Jacob and Colton
Wish lanterns in Grand Cayman
Wish lanterns.... it was so magical!
Justin, Em, Kim and Bert
I'm holding a stingray!! (and saying, "I don't want a picture!!!")
Stingrays... was so cool and scary!
Hi!
So neat!
Logan and Jacob
Trying to take a selfie :-)
Logan HATED Santa. Jacob was cool.
My little love bugs
I was having a little "photo shoot" to try and get a pic for our Christmas card.... Logan is so over it.
We tried to get Pepper in a pic.
We are at Recreation Outlet to look into buying a swing set and this is the only thing he wants to play with :-)
Christmas party at the Myers' House!
My girls! Ash M, Ash S, Em, Katie K, Barrett, Katie S, Randi
<3
Fun night!
Neighborhood party
So glad to be neighbors with these guys :-)
The Wives of Avonlea ;)
Em, Molly, Michelle, Lynn
Em, Lindsay, Michelle, Molly
Logan (and Pepper) fell asleep on Justin around 7:30pm... he's never done that!
Logan checking on Jacob :-)
Story time
Steak and Shake for Logan's birthday....notice the moustache? Hehe
Zoo lights!
The birthday boy got a tractor!
Logan on his tractor
Curious George birthday cake
Happy Birthday to Logan
Harper and Logan
Happy birthday to you!
TWO years old!
He blew the candles out by himself!
Fun party!
Jacob is 5 months old
These two!
So stinkin' cute!
Playing with Magnatiles
Scooter time!
Smiles!

No comments:
Post a Comment